562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also curious if there are any updates on this topic. I've been reading threads for days trying to find a definitive solution to the awful stumble I get off idle. I've read that the EL44 is the better option, now the EL 48?

I just want to make this saw run right... I'd hate to have to drop $100 on a new carb, but if that's the only solution, so be it
What carb do you currently have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I have the EL46
66069d2cdffedbbfbcd4db7d70f1d29c.jpg
e4fcbe4897ea48d26c143ed4a4f996e5.jpg

Gunrush, thanks for posting the picture of the throttle valve. It looks like they have gone to considerable trouble to lean out the idle by having all those bypass holes in the throttle valve. The result would be an extra shot of fuel as the throttle moves from the idle position to the transition holes.

There may be a larger idle/low speed jet in the carb to go with that throttle plate.

Gunrush, thanks for posting the picture of the throttle valve. It looks like they have gone to considerable trouble to lean out the idle by having all those bypass holes in the throttle valve. The result would be an extra shot of fuel as the throttle moves from the idle position to the transition holes.

There may be a larger idle/low speed jet in the carb to go with that throttle plate.

It's my understanding that the EL46 came with this style throttle plate from the factory.

Based on the parts ipl... No. Sure would be nice if a dealer could do a quick write up with pictures.

Well, for $140, that should be a difference worth exploring. Perhaps somebody can go through the EL48 and see where it differs from the EL46. Crikey, if it is only something simple like modding a throttle plate, somebody could make some bucks by modding the earlier carbs.

Obviously check the throttle plate, then
the idle/low speed jet
the size of the transition/air bleed holes
the metering spring
the size of the metering orifice under the metering valve.

One other potential issue could be how far the main discharge nozzle extends into the venturi.

Once we know what the differences are, then a fix could be designed.

Well, for $140, that should be a difference worth exploring. Perhaps somebody can go through the EL48 and see where it differs from the EL46. Crikey, if it is only something simple like modding a throttle plate, somebody could make some bucks by modding the earlier carbs.

Obviously check the throttle plate, then
the idle/low speed jet
the size of the transition/air bleed holes
the metering spring
the size of the metering orifice under the metering valve.

One other potential issue could be how far the main discharge nozzle extends into the venturi.

Once we know what the differences are, then a fix could be designed.
There's defiantly tricks to make these carbs work but if a guy still has warranty it would be logical to get them swapped out. I know mweba, and I think hamish spent a lot of time trouble shooting these carbs and finding out ways to make them work. I've spent a fare amount of time my self using there tricks and a few of my own to get my el44 to run dang near perfect, still has s mind of its own when it's hot out though. Mweba has a few great Utube vids going into detail on his findings. There worth watching.

Just richen up the low side.... Hesitation gone!

Bozo.

Sorry for not giving credit where credit was due, have you had a chance to get your hands on an El48? I think the over all tune-ecu software is different to right?

I'm still using the EL44 to fix the trouble prone ones.

Latest posts

Back