562xp in the shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am well within my lane, as a tech representing the brand in question. I had the reader in my tool-box months before I had a saw it could be hooked up to.

Its good he followed through and resolved the issue.

Enjoy your weekend, next time you see Steve let him know if he has any questions I will be glad to help him out.

You still here?

He works for a Mom and Pop hardware store with a Husky franchise. He treats his customers right and runs an honest shop and is a good wrench and a nice guy. That's why he's usually swamped and doesn't necessarily have the latest and greatest technology at his disposal for assessing situations he may not have a complete grasp of.

Unlike you, he knows his lane and how to deal with people....probably a bit more like Husky would prefer to be "represented".

But I'll let him know how cool you are. I'm sure he'll be as unimpressed as most folks probably are.

Last edited:
Wow. At this point I don't know what to say. Hamish, keep the good info coming in other threads, you've been a wealth of knowledge on all this new technology and usually a big help to others. As for pogo and dexter, relax. We aren't calling your servicing dealer out. I'm glad that you guys both got good service and enjoy the people there. I simply made the observation that he missed the first step in any service. Any tech who goes to TSB's first instead of regular procedures and diagnostics either doesn't know what he's doing or needs more experience. In this case it sounds like he was unsure of what he was doing and reached out for help and got steered wrong, that happens and the fact that he reached for help could indicate that he is in fact a great technician. People see M-tronic and Auto-tune and immediatly get sweaty palms and start shaking. It's still just a chainsaw, it just has a smarter carb. The same 101 daignostics still apply.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are happy with the service you recieve. I've never dealt with them so I'm not going to argue about it. There's just no need to run for the pitchforks and torches. Enjoy your saw, that 562 really screams. Next time you're in the shop thank him for taking care of you.

Latest posts

Back