562xp oil troubles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

src360ss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
just put a tank and a half of fuel through my new 562xp and I have no oil. Anybody have any suggestions or similar problems?

You guys are dinks. I like that.

Yes there is bar oil. Goes to about half a tank of bar oil and quits oiling. Took the bar off and verified that it was not oiling. I can't imagine a worm gear would strip out that fast. Nobody else has issues with these?

Yes there is bar oil. Goes to about half a tank of bar oil and quits oiling. Took the bar off and verified that it was not oiling. I can't imagine a worm gear would strip out that fast. Nobody else has issues with these?

Actually yes, I see this once on a Husky 560XP. The clutch drum wasn't entirely engaged in the worm gear, and the gear got stripped in less than an month, but not after 1 1/2 tank of gas. It was a weird issue because the clutch drum was right in place, I suppose it was the crankshaft who was a bit long...

Well that makes more sense.

No haven't heard of any problems like this with the 562.

Maybe time to use the warranty.

A friend of mine just replaced the oil pump in his 562. It's about a year old.

Drain the oil out and take a look at the hose and filter. Might could be a crack or split in hose or the filter fell off or not swinging free......

Pulled it apart and everything looks good, blew it out with air and put it all back together. Worked again for about half a tank of gas then quit. I had oil left in the oil tank, i filled up the oil and it started flowing again. Bizarre situation.

When it stops oiling, have you opened the cap and NOT filled it and tried again?

Wondering if it may have a clogged vent and forming a vacuum

You have a clogged vent.
Remove the cap and clean it and blow air all over the cap.
I use Skid penetration oil when I clean my saw's. Works very well.
Good luck.

Latest posts

Back