562xp or ms362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to figure out where the outboard clutch is advantageous ;) If your a husky fan shortcomings are forthcomings ;)

I like the 362 better. The 562 is a little faster in a cookie cutting contest. The 362 is built very good and will run darn good after you get it broken in. I'd rather have a 362. JMO. Faster is'nt always better. I'd go check them both out and handle them, see which one looks and feels better in your hands.

if your gunna cut in dry dusty conditions get the 562 the 362 is CRAP in that department .
air filtration on the 562 is far superior

D

362 is a lame saw.

Not to mention a heavy pig. I'd rather save my back and have a 346xp with a 20" running a .325 chain.

I guess you have never gotten your saw pinched...well your better than me...

for that reason alone I will never buy an outboard clutch saw...

Then of course there is the new color scheme that is so unpleasing to the eye...

Couple that with a saw that was pushed and pulled from the dealers shelves more that booze during prohibition.

you haven't even considered the best option...

Find yourself a good used 361 and never look back...

The 562xp just feels better in my hands! It also is the smoothest cutting and most impressive saw I've ever run. For me it makes a 70cc saw unnecessary...

I also much prefer an outboard clutch!!!

I'm trying to figure out where the outboard clutch is advantageous ;) If your a husky fan shortcomings are forthcomings ;)

When done properly, it moves the bar closer to the centre of gravity, and that has quite an impact on the handling qualities of the saws. The smaller the saw, the larger is the impact.
It also cools better.

Something most fellers never consider on the inboard outboard/clutch argument is that the outboard clutch arrangement puts the chain closer to the main bearing and that makes for less stress on the crank snout and the bearing.

Just saying.....

Something most fellers never consider on the inboard outboard/clutch argument is that the outboard clutch arrangement puts the chain closer to the main bearing and that makes for less stress on the crank snout and the bearing.

Just saying.....

less heat from the clutch on the seals too

I tried them both for about a half hour, going back and forth. Admittedly I cut no trees down but the 562 really spoke to me and I bought one right then and there. Glad I did. Russ

Congrats! If I can ever get off my mower, I want to get some runtime on my new 76.

I have ran the ms362. I did not notice the weight difference between my 036 and the 362. I also like the inboard clutch. (my opinion) The ms362 is a well built saw. I would buy one....

562 is geat little saw. I have had mine for a little over 5 months and it gets over 5 tanks a day run though it and hasn't missed a beat. Only issue I had was broke a few clutch springs, but for the hours it has on it already thats understandable. As for getting pinched with a outboard clutch I never had any problems removing the powerhead. Very impressive saw. I'll be getting a few xpgs before winter comes. If everyone had a 362 and a 562 sitting on shelves next to each other. There would be alot of dusty 362s around.

Latest posts

Back