562xp ordered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, what are you doing on this thread again, ain't you supposed to be Moose hunting? :biggrinbounce2:

Ohhhhhhhh I be huntin some moose :D just waitin for daylight now. I'm only on the support crew, not my permit. Designated beer drinker and cigar holder. Keep everybody awake and ready to go!

The USA web issue is prolly just due to the chitty financial performance they released, they did mention advertising and promotional cost had risen dramatically, maybe they are trying to cut back. They also mentioned the North American market was shrinking, prolly laid off the N/A webmaster. 12.5% decrease when the industry avg was down 6% and their number one competitor being up almost 17% or 22.5% above the industry. These new models should help, I sure think it is a step in the right direction, get them dealers shelves full and move some exciting new saws to the woods. Get behind the independent dealer and give them incentives to move some merchandise.

They also mentioned the North American market was shrinking, prolly laid off the N/A webmaster. 12.5% decrease when the industry avg was down 6% and their number one competitor being up almost 17% or 22.5% above the industry.

Their models are good, nobody is ragging on the quality or performance of their saws. I'd wager that a good part of that 12.5% decrease can be attributed to Canada with their insane pricing model.

Anybody have info, photos, etc. of the 3/4 wrap handle? Trying to picture what that looks like.

Thanks

Philbert

Only the picture in the ipl. The handle isn't available yet.

Hardly - how about the state of private economy, that so many in the US apparently suffer from?

Please re-read the post I was responding to. Husqvarna is 12% down while their #1 competitor (I'll take a guess that its Stihl) is up 17%.
The economy is part of it no doubt and I'd bet especially on the lower end homeowner saws, but apparently people are still buying chainsaws... except that they happen to be the other company's.

Please re-read the post I was responding to. Husqvarna is 12% down while their #1 competitor (I'll take a guess that its Stihl) is up 17%.
The economy is part of it no doubt and I'd bet especially on the lower end homeowner saws, but apparently people are still buying chainsaws... except that they happen to be the other company's.

Yes, that was my point - it has little to do with the Canadian pricing, as that is not news at all.;)

Are you sure those sales numbers are just saws, and is not including lawnmovers, trimmers and other non-saw OPE machines?

Last edited:
Yes, that was my point - it that it has little to do with the Canadian pricing, as that is not news at all.;)

Are you sure those sales numbers are just saws, and is not including lawnmovers, trimmers and other non-saw OPE machines?

They're also much more expensive in other parts of the world, Sweden included. I'd bet that Swedes like quality for a good price just like everybody else does. You are happy to pay much more for Husqvarna but thats just you. I'm wiling to bet many more think like me and Husqvarna's sales results seem to reflect that.

I believe that other OPE are included in those numbers and if anything, would give Husqvarna an edge over Stihl as they do not have the same variety of OPE as Husqvarna does. More products means more chances at customers and Stihl has now mowers or lawntractors, etc... with which to pad the bottom line. Just saws, trimmers and blowers. Still, the fact remains that they are losing market share while having more products to offer across a wider spectrum.

Those in charge at Husqvarna should maybe take a closer look at what their #1 competitor Stihl is obviously doing right.

As far as I know, Huskys main effort at the moment is tidying up the mess of brands and factories that they inherited from E-lux, and streamline the company - in the meantime other areas may suffer a little temporarily (but hardly saw development, as it looks).

indiansprings;3195760 12.5% decrease when the industry avg was down 6% and their number one competitor being up almost 17% or 22.5% above the industry. [/QUOTE said:
Those in charge at Husqvarna should maybe take a closer look at what their #1 competitor Stihl is obviously doing right.

Husqvarna is still feeling the effects of their change in distribution; eliminating big box and Internet sales of their larger saws. I have more trouble finding a full line Husqvarna dealer, versus a STIHL dealer, around here (not saying that they are all 'good' dealers).

I have also had trouble getting accurate information on some of their products, such as boots, etc., even when writing to the US HQ.

BTW, a STIHL rep told me that the non-chainsaw business (trimmers, etc.) is a much bigger part of their US sales. Husqvarna should really have a lead in that market, due to their factory brand and store brand presence here in the US.

Philbert

husqvarna is still feeling the effects of their change in distribution; eliminating big box and internet sales of their larger saws. I have more trouble finding a full line husqvarna dealer, versus a stihl dealer, around here (not saying that they are all 'good' dealers).

I have also had trouble getting accurate information on some of their products, such as boots, etc., even when writing to the us hq.

Btw, a stihl rep told me that the non-chainsaw business (trimmers, etc.) is a much bigger part of their us sales. Husqvarna should really have a lead in that market, due to their factory brand and store brand presence here in the us.

Philbert
i'd be will to bet that stihl holds the market share on saws here in the u.s.

Their models are good, nobody is ragging on the quality or performance of their saws. I'd wager that a good part of that 12.5% decrease can be attributed to Canada with their insane pricing model.

The Canadian pricing would have very little effect on Husqvarna's overall performance in the NA market. Canada is a tiny market compared to the US and other world markets.

That decrease is across the whole product range and includes lawn and garden as well as its other brands Poulan, Weedeater, Redmax, etc... and most of the decrease is because of the L&G product. They had major production delays in there Mower, Tractor factories that lead to them losing most of a very large contract with a major retailer.

Is that a picture you can post?

Thanks.

Philbert
I Suppose I could but it's no easy task for me anytime soon. You're better off looking at the ipl yourself, a lot faster and easier.

VI Sawguy, your the winner, hit the nail on the head. The loss of business at Sears was a big hit, also sku reductions at WM, it could have an even bigger impact this next year as lack of delivery impacted sales in a significant manner at other major retailers. Buyers tend to look at other suppliers when vendors have this kind of hiccup. Mainly lower end goods that can be replaced with cheap chinese imports easily.
They also announced the Yazoo/Keyes line of products will be discontinued going forward. They did spend a good deal on R&D, which is significant, but that will suffer in the future if top line sales and bottom line doesn't pick up. China and the pacific rim is where all the different mfgs business will grow, with the growth of the Chinese economy, the average man/woman in China will be able to trade in the misery whips and hand trimmers for chainsaws and string trimmers. No EPA regs to worry about over there.
The new line up of saws they are introducing will help, I have however noticed all mfgs pricing creeping up, yesterday I received a flyer from the dealer I don't go to, handles both Husky and Stihl
the 290(mis print should be 291) 359.99 and the comparable Husky 455 at 399.99. The 50.00 price difference is enough to sway a
lot of customers.
Bar oil on sale at 7.99:angry:, gave 5.89 last year.

I believe that other OPE are included in those numbers and if anything, would give Husqvarna an edge over Stihl as they do not have the same variety of OPE as Husqvarna does. ......

The point is that you don't really know what you are comparing, and still project the comparison over to one specific item - chainsaws. That simply is misuse of statistics.

Btw, it is becoming hard to find a real Stihl dealer around here - and the only one that still exist also has taken up Husky.....

I don't much about the market share of Husqvarna or Stihl, but what I do know is that for whatever reason it is way easier to get warranty service from Stihl, same goes for buying parts, I own both a Husqvarna (357xp CS& 345 clearing saw) and 2 480 stihl clearing saws, there are hardly ever parts in stock for husky and never a problem for Stihl. My dealer has both brands in his store. I used to cut wood for the pulp company but stopped doing that about 7 years ago(moved to silviculture), I used only husky, (254xp,262 xp) with little to no problems then along came the 357 with weak crank cases and carburretor problems, the guys I know have all switched over to the Stihl 361-362 with much higher reliability and quality. The only popular husky saws here are the 353(most power line maintenance crews use those(excellent saw) and the 365-372 for firewood businesses and hardwood cutting. I prefer the handling and overall balance of husqvarna but quality of a product based on the rising prices of both brands will always make me choose quality and service.

..... That decrease is across the whole product range and includes lawn and garden as well as its other brands Poulan, Weedeater, Redmax, etc... and most of the decrease is because of the L&G product. They had major production delays in there Mower, Tractor factories that lead to them losing most of a very large contract with a major retailer.

Yes, and that is a direct result of the restructuring of the factories, that I mentioned earlier.

Back