562xp ordered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mountainman6288

Mountainman6288

ArboristSite Operative
Btw, it is becoming hard to find a real Stihl dealer around here - and the only one that still exist also has taken up Husky.....

Exact oposite here. Stihl is on every corner it seems, and most are VERY well stocked. There are husky dealers, but they seems to have smaller inventory, and most havnt brought in any newer saws like 576's, or the new 555 & 562.

tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
The point is that you don't really know what you are comparing, and still project the comparison over to one specific item - chainsaws. That simply is misuse of statistics.

Btw, it is becoming hard to find a real Stihl dealer around here - and the only one that still exist also has taken up Husky.....

Sawtroll, with all due respects I have only implied that if their pro chainsaw model in Canada is an example of how they go about business then its no wonder they're losing market share. As regards your comment, I'm sure you've heard the phrase that there are lies, damned lies and statistics. I can use a stat to show doom and you can use the same one to paint a rosy picture, so take it FWIW. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lastly, maybe Stihl dealers are rare where you are. Its the exact opposite where I am. Big box stores notwithstanding.

craig71

craig71

ArboristSite Operative
Exact oposite here. Stihl is on every corner it seems, and most are VERY well stocked. There are husky dealers, but they seems to have smaller inventory, and most havnt brought in any newer saws like 576's, or the new 555 & 562.

That is the trend here in Nova Scotia as well, lots of inventory and parts also quite a few Echo dealers around and I assume they are cutting into husqvarnas sales especially with the great warranty that they have.

tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yup, more and more Echo dealers popping up here too. Stihl already has a huge presence. My Dolmar dealer mentioned that supposedly one of the bigwigs at Stihl is now heading up Echo and aggressively driving the business. Just hearsay on my part, so take it FWIW.

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
. AS Supporting Member.
I Suppose I could but it's no easy task for me anytime soon. You're better off looking at the ipl yourself, a lot faster and easier.

OK - did not realize that it was available on the public website - thought it might be dealer proprietary (like some brands we know).
Here are the standard and wrap handles for anyone else. Almost looks like the wrap portion could be added, but I assume that it is welded.

Philbert

attachment.php

attachment.php

VI sawguy

VI sawguy

ArboristSite Operative
Yup, more and more Echo dealers popping up here too. Stihl already has a huge presence. My Dolmar dealer mentioned that supposedly one of the bigwigs at Stihl is now heading up Echo and aggressively driving the business. Just hearsay on my part, so take it FWIW.

The head of Echo Canada was at one time fairly high up at Stihl Canada. Echo is very aggressively going after the big two in the chainsaw business. They will never catch up but with some of the new models coming in the next year or so they will be a lot more of a presence.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Sawtroll, with all due respects I have only implied that if their pro chainsaw model in Canada is an example of how they go about business then its no wonder they're losing market share. ......
It could have been, if that was a new and more common situation - but it isn't.
Most of the sales loss likely is related to production issues on other OPE stuff, because of the ongoing restructuring of production capasity.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
The head of Echo Canada was at one time fairly high up at Stihl Canada. Echo is very aggressively going after the big two in the chainsaw business. They will never catch up but with some of the new models coming in the next year or so they will be a lot more of a presence.

So far it looks like "new models" means rebranded Shindaiwas.....:msp_rolleyes:

craig71

craig71

ArboristSite Operative
The more competition in the chainsaw market makes it better for all of us, I hope Echo develops saws that can push Husqvarna and Stihl to make even better products, heck I'd buy an Echo chainsaw with a 2 year commercial warranty if they had what I was looking for, those that own them seem to like them well enough.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
The more competition in the chainsaw market makes it better for all of us, I hope Echo develops saws that can push Husqvarna and Stihl to make even better products, heck I'd buy an Echo chainsaw with a 2 year commercial warranty if they had what I was looking for, those that own them seem to like them well enough.

There is a reason that they usually don't post power specs (or lie about it, stating hp numbers as kW ones) - and the Shinnys that has been independedly tested have failed gravely to deliver what is claimed.

Regardless of that, my main conserns are the ergonomics, and the arrogant way they have been reported to treat their dealers......

Last edited:
craig71

craig71

ArboristSite Operative
There is a reason that they usually don't post power specs (or lie about it, stating hp numbers as kW ones) - and the Shinnys that has been independedly tested have failed gravely to deliver what is claimed.

Regardless of that, my main conserns are the ergonomics, and the arrogant way they have been reported to treat their dealers......

I am unaware of their claims of power specs or how they treat dealers, I am also unaware of anything in the business end of husqvarna and stihl, I know a dealer that is having great sucess with echo and is a former jonsered dealer and he is quite impressed with the speed of processing warranty claims and the quality of what he has sold so far. I agree with you about the ergonomics of echo chainsaws, and this is something that husky and stihl have taken many years of trial and error to perfect. But it's just like the car industry with new comers like hyundai and Kia a few years back, they were making lower priced products with less innovation, nobody took them seriously, but look at them now, they are making superior cars and Suvs and everybody is taking notice. It can be the same with Echo chainsaws in a couple years in relation to how they stack up against the big 3 (husq,stihl,dolmar) It's how business and competiton should work, if a new company notices a chance to grab some market share and develop products that support that growing share then voila you have another serious player in the outdoor power equipment market, win win for consumers.

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
The new line up of saws they are introducing will help, I have however noticed all mfgs pricing creeping up, yesterday I received a flyer from the dealer I don't go to, handles both Husky and Stihl
the 290(mis print should be 291) 359.99 and the comparable Husky 455 at 399.99. The 50.00 price difference is enough to sway a
lot of customers.
Bar oil on sale at 7.99:angry:, gave 5.89 last year.
Not that it's a big deal, but my math tells me it's a $40 difference.... And the next generation 455 is going to be AutoTune. I can only imagine it will have to remain at that $400 price point in order to be effective. A $400 AutoTuned homeowner saw in that portion of the market is worth far more than the $40 difference if anyone is paying attention to the other differences as well.

Don't be so judgemental, the new Husky tophandle is just a re-branded Redmax. Everybody is playing the same game.

Husky isn't playing up their saw lineup on the T435, nor are they relying on it for vast improvements. The saws in their lineup that are the meat and potatoes are Husqvarna born and bred ;)

tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
Husky isn't playing up their saw lineup on the T435, nor are they relying on it for vast improvements. The saws in their lineup that are the meat and potatoes are Husqvarna born and bred ;)

And Echo is playing up and relying on the Shindaiwa based saws? They have their own as well that constitute their "meat and potatoes" and those who use them seem to love them. Also, Husqvarna didn't just buy Redmax out of the goodness of their heart. There was obviously something there of interest to them as well. Corporations buy others out to gain their patents and technology all the time because its cheaper and faster than spending time and money doing it themselves. :msp_smile:

TK

Addicted to ArboristSite
And Echo is playing up and relying on the Shindaiwa based saws? They have their own as well that constitute their "meat and potatoes" and those who use them seem to love them. Also, Husqvarna didn't just buy Redmax out of the goodness of their heart. There was obviously something there of interest to them as well. Corporations buy others out to gain their patents and technology all the time because its cheaper and faster than spending time and money doing it themselves. :msp_smile:

Yes, Redmax blowers are worth every penny ;) Hence the reason they are the 2 most powerful blowers on the market at the moment. I guess people love the trimmers too, but I don't think they're worth the weight. Considering there are more Husqvarna based Redmax saws than vice versa, I guess there's not much to comment on in that department.

I guess I've never been an Echo chainsaw fan. I don't like the way they run, the way they are serviced, the way they are built.... Along with their trimmers, blowers, etc. They may have a good P/C that last, but the carbs they commission are constantly being replaced, the spark screens are plugged up the most of any brand that I see, they are heavy.... I could go on. I don't understand the following, but people love them.

STIHLTHEDEERE

STIHLTHEDEERE

This is Koty
I LOVE THIS..... the new huskys are the most expensive saws on the market, echo and husky are buying any/everyone to gain market share and technology it would appear. THIS FOLKS, is one thing i love about stihl, they are sitting right there, #1 world wide, making good money, without buying out or stealing anyone elses' technology. i got to see the new fuel injected ts500 cut-off saw today at the machinery show. let me assure you of one thing, it is all stihl, and nobody elses' technology. it is lightweight, powerful, and very responsive. it won't happen tomorrow, but there WILL be a fuel-injected 60+cc saw in their line-up in the near future.

let the tongue lashings begin..........

Latest posts