562xp over 555?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is a 562xp worth ~$100~ more than a 555 (new purchase)

• Yes

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • What's a 555?

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

Magnumitis

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
For general firewood purchases, saws kept stock except for a MM, is a 562xp worth $100 more than a 555 new?

Man if your cutting just fire wood a 555 would be slick. I don't know what your running now but I would venture to guess a new 555 would be pretty nice in comparison to a lot of other stock models .I have a 545 and its no 550 but I really like the saw for ground work and fire wood. I've used the 562 and there pretty amazing saws but I really don't thinks its at all necessary for straight fire wood cutting.

I have purchased the smaller cheaper version of tools in the past to save a buck. Then a few months down the road something comes up and requires the bigger better tool. This has happened a few times and now instead of being frustrated about being under-tooled(is that a word?) I go for the bigger and better tool. Overkill in my book but I'd rather be over prepared than under powered. If you have the $ then what's an extra $100 for a tool that should last for many years and also get the job done a little quicker. You can also use a longer bar on the large mount 562. Or if you're a minimalist, go for the 555. People have cut tons of firewood with lesser saws.

.... Overkill in my book but I'd rather be over prepared than under powered.....

If you have the $ then what's an extra $100 for a tool that should last for many years and also get the job done a little quicker. You can also use a longer bar on the large mount 562. Or if you're a minimalist, go for the 555. People have cut tons of firewood with lesser saws.

Never heard of underpowered before only of under patience...

;)

The 562xp is awesome for crane removals and bucket saw but for general firewood wood the 555 would serve you well.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

555 all the way . To me..the 562xp is overkill for just firewood cutting.........unless you have the extra green of coarse !

I was in the same boat a little over a year ago... I went for the 562xp and haven't looked back.... Well other than to see the chips flying out !

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

What ST said...over the life of the saw, the extra benjamin is pennies a day.

I suspect that there would be more options for a fella wanting to sell a used XP over a non-XP . I jumped on that sweet 550xp last week on here ........ made it more affordable being that it was used . If I was standing at the dealer wanting a new saw...I would have probably grabbed the 545 over the 550xp because of the initial cost up front . Seems like its just like a car or truck . The more upgrades you get........the more "likely" you are to get more in return when you trade it in or sell it . Im just ramblin now :)

I have a 555 that is now a 560 hybrid. I had mweba put a 562 p&c on it ,got a sweet deal on it. 555 small mnt,562 large mnt don't know if it's worth it, ur opinion. I put a 24 on my 555 before hybrid ,u can't push it but it pulled fine in dry oak. My 2 cents!

I have a 555 that is now a 560 hybrid. I had mweba put a 562 p&c on it ,got a sweet deal on it. 555 small mnt,562 large mnt don't know if it's worth it, ur opinion. I put a 24 on my 555 before hybrid ,u can't push it but it pulled fine in dry oak. My 2 cents!

Now that sounds interesting . Would love to see a vid of that saw !!! Great point about the small mount...Thats something to consider !

Latest posts

Back