562xp over 555?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is a 562xp worth ~$100~ more than a 555 (new purchase)

• Yes

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • What's a 555?

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Its not bad with a 20" Techlite bar it balances perfect but i wouldn't want a heavy power match bar on it.

Sent from my AutoTune carb

Its not bad with a 20" Techlite bar it balances perfect but i wouldn't want a heavy power match bar on it.

Sent from my AutoTune carb
That surely helps, if you want a 20" bar.

I had to get a 20" Tsumura Light from Canada instead for my 560xpg, as I didn't want a heavy 20" bar. :)

Wonder what is going to last longer, a hot rod or a medium level. Guess we will never know.

I have both saws with 20" b&c and find myself with the 555 in my hands a lot more than the 562. The 555 is a smother saw,less vibration and better on fuel

I have not had the pleasure of running either saw...so this is all very good info ! That 555 reminds me of my dads old ..still running like new...Husky 257 . Not a "PRO" saw......but how can you argue with its track record and benefits ! I dont think my dad ever complained that it doesnt have XTRA POWER :)

I had to make the same decision when I got my 550... 550XP vs the 545. I chose the 550 due in part to the RevBoost feature. After using the saw for the first time I knew I made the right choice! ;)

You no doubt did! :D:givebeer:

Anyway, I feel that it is a mistake that they don't sell the 560xp in the US......

Last edited:
The decision in not the extra money (albeight the extra money saved equals more beer), its the individuals cutting habits and practices.

I cut hard and softwoods, on flatland and hilly terrain. Nothing bigger than 40" at the stump, and 95% of what I cut is in the 20" and less range. I cut daily but not full time. The benefits such as revboost and a little higher chain speed are of little to no value to me. Small mount vs large mount mean nothing to me. To spend another minute every day out in the woods cutting to compensate for revboost and a c-hair of hp, is nothing to me.

Especially when I know the money I saved went in my beer fridge.

The triple nickel running .325 is dream, and so much better than the 262 running the same.

The decision in not the extra money (albeight the extra money saved equals more beer), its the individuals cutting habits and practices.

I cut hard and softwoods, on flatland and hilly terrain. Nothing bigger than 40" at the stump, and 95% of what I cut is in the 20" and less range. I cut daily but not full time. The benefits such as revboost and a little higher chain speed are of little to no value to me. Small mount vs large mount mean nothing to me. To spend another minute every day out in the woods cutting to compensate for revboost and a c-hair of hp, is nothing to me.

The triple nickel running .325 is dream, and so much better than the 262 running the same.

I can respect that logic. How close are the 555 and 262 in your opinion?

thanks- dave

Where did the fun factor go in that statement? It surely was lost somewhere.....

The xp saws isn't cutting into my beer budget! :givebeer:

Excellent post,

Spot on in my opinion.

The few seconds saved over the course of a day cutting, be it felling logs, dressing tops, dropping firewood, or cutting on a pile means crap when all other operations to produce a product are considered.

If I need more cutting speed / power for the job at hand, it's hard to beat grabbing a saw with 10 cc more displacement.

To the OP, the extra $100 will certainly buy a few extra chains, wedges, files, etc. (Remember, based upon Husky's claims you're not not giving up anything in terms of build quality or longevity.) These accessories will increase your productivity far beyond an extra bit of HP.

But then again what do I know, I just use my saws to make money.

Take Care

Excellent post,

Spot on in my opinion.

The few seconds saved over the course of a day cutting, be it felling logs, dressing tops, dropping firewood, or cutting on a pile means crap when all other operations to produce a product are considered.

If I need more cutting speed / power for the job at hand, it's hard to beat grabbing a saw with 10 cc more displacement.

To the OP, the extra $100 will certainly buy a few extra chains, wedges, files, etc. (Remember, based upon Husky's claims you're not not giving up anything in terms of build quality or longevity.) These accessories will increase your productivity far beyond an extra bit of HP.

But then again what do I know, I just use my saws to make money.

Take Care
Excellent post!

I'd rep you if I could.

I can respect that logic. How close are the 555 and 262 in your opinion?

thanks- dave

Right on the heels of the 262 in power, the 262 is stronger no question but the 555 isn't far off.

On all other aspects, ie handling, balance,weight, etc, the Triple Nickel wins. The higher chain speed of the Triple Nickleis the big equalizer bringing performance so close to the 262.

If one were to actually time the cuts the Triple Nickle would most likely win.

If one were to actually time the cuts the Triple Nickle would most likely win.

Not against my Mastermind 262xp !! The new design of the 555 offers a better handling saw for me personally . Id definetly go for the 555 if I didnt like the older Husky's better ! The 550xp I just got for my girlfriend...well....lets just say I fall in love every time I pick it up ! Might have to get one of my own ! Or maybe a 555 or 562 :)

Latest posts

Back