562xp porting worth it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTM

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The title pretty much asks the question. I want to have my saw ported. It runs really well as is and doesn't exhibit any of the negative issues posted out there. What I would like to realize with a port job is an expanded torque curve, improved throttle response (not bad as is but better is better), and maybe a bit cooler running. Well then, what do you say?

I've never felt the need to port mine, but have run a couple ported 562s' and they are very impressive!
Thank you for the reply Mr. Sunfish. Your posts are straight on like the voice of reason. But every time I see that avatar of yours I get hungry thinking of a pile of fried bluegill. Damn they're good! LOL!

Since you want to have it ported I would say it is worth it if you can run one ported and think it's difference from stock meets your desires then it is worth it.

You are probably looking at a louder saw that has less longevity and "idiot proof" design considerations than as marketed.

If you did not want to port it and instead were on the fence so to speak the cost of porting and shipping is about 40% of a comparable Stihl or maybe 35% of the next Husqvarna model that might be better for you right out of the box is what I would be looking at. Even if either of those would or would not be better for your purposes just on the worth it in the money aspect.

Since you want to have it ported I would say it is worth it if you can run one ported and think it's difference from stock meets your desires then it is worth it.

You are probably looking at a louder saw that has less longevity and "idiot proof" design considerations than as marketed.

If you did not want to port it and instead were on the fence so to speak the cost of porting and shipping is about 40% of a comparable Stihl or maybe 35% of the next Husqvarna model that might be better for you right out of the box is what I would be looking at. Even if either of those would or would not be better for your purposes just on the worth it in the money aspect.
I was thinking just that. Why not just put it (the money) towards a new saw? There's a new 661 at a dealer down the road. Been there for months.

Since you want to have it ported I would say it is worth it if you can run one ported and think it's difference from stock meets your desires...

Agree with your first thought. Not sure where you are coming from with the second one? A woods port shouldn't shorten the saw's life and I do not see anything "idiot proof" that is being eliminated?

I'm porting a 562 and it's johnsred brother this week.
They gain like any other saw.

A ported saw properly done and the saw maintained correctly will give you a long service life. A simple muffler mod really wakes those saws up. Ported that saw is an animal ! I build saws with a buddy of mine we build ported and stock saws. We quit selling ported saws to local tree services especially ones who have a lot of different hands running them.the guy who realy takes care of his equipment keeps his air filters clean and chains sharp we have very few issues with.Operating a ported saw is like runnin' a diesel truck that's been turned up you have to maintain a certain mindset operate the machine within its limitations and take care of it if you want it to last.

Latest posts

Back