562XP Project - Who Likes Puzzles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I then separated and cleaned all the hardware, and put all of them in seperate bags for easy assembly.
20191217_205754.jpg
20191217_205828.jpg

The only damage I could find after I inspected the parts was part of one crankcase half was broken.
20191217_184500.jpg

Other than that damage, there are enough parts to build two complete 562XPs.

I also got a few extra extra parts, such as a 3rd carb, and pull starter.

So this is my plan...

I found a new OEM Husky assembled crankcase for $104. So I will order one of those to use with the better set of parts, and then use the less than perfect crankcase with the rougher parts.

I will still need to pick up a few parts, like gaskets, piston and rings, and clutch assembly, but for a small investment I will have two 562s.

I'm glad I didnt back out. Stay tuned for updates of this build. I hope to order parts tomorrow.

Question for you guys. The new OEM crankcase I was looking into getting is a 5 bolt, is there going to be a reason not to use it in this build? I understand they added the extra bolt because of leaking under the muffler, but is this issue enough of a problem to scrap that idea?

And if the piston appears to be in good shape, with no scoring or wear, is there any point in replacing it? Obviously I will put new rings on either way.

I should clarify. If I were changing bottoms I'd use the six. I've had the oil in my five bolt damn near boiling and it never leaked a drop, but I know that's not always the case.

With the price and availability of the new six bolt bottom end there is no way I'd use a five bolt.
If I am looking at the right one, the 6 bolt crankcase is twice as much as the 5 bolt.

I may just reuse the 6 bolt I currently have, and put the 5 bolt on the saw with the parts that I didn't use in this build.

If you have the six I'd just re-build that. The best price I've seen for a six bolt assembly was $140. Check with your dealer

Well everything is ordered. Time to play the waiting game. I hate this part. I was originally only going to build one, but figured while I was ordering parts I might as well get the parts for the second saw too. Stay tuned.

Did you find a good price on a case?
No, the only dealer around had it listed for 226.71 and that was just the bare case. The one I ordered was complete with crank, seals, and gaskets assembled for $104, but a 5 bolt. Since I wont be running these saws hard, I'm going to take the gamble and try fixing up one of the 6 bolts I currently have and also build up a 5 bolt, maybe I will add some extra sealant to the prone to leak area. I ordered parts for both plans.

Those dealers...

Isn't 580663710 the six bolt "short block"? SLE has those for $90. I don't think dealers are selling five bolt cases anymore. That's dirt cheap, it's been a minute since I've checked.

Those dealers...

Isn't 580663710 the six bolt "short block"? SLE has those for $90. I don't think dealers are selling five bolt cases anymore. That's dirt cheap, it's been a minute since I've checked.
That is the one I purchased from Amazon for $104. It doesn't specify if it is a 5 bolt or a 6 bolt. My parts list has a different number (575380218) which is what the dealer quoted me $227 for just the case. Did I get lucky and get the 6 bolt?

Cool thread. It's crazy how cheap parts are for the 562's. As long as you have all the covers and small parts you can buy the rest of the saw for fairly cheap and basically have a new one. The 562 is strong out of the box but I don't find they port extremely well. Port okay but doesn't blow your socks off after IMO.

Back