562XP Project - Who Likes Puzzles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NICE! For no more than what they cost, I opted for meteor pistons with caber rings on my builds. All of my cylinders cleaned up fine. Have fun! If you've never ran a 562 youre in for a pleasant surprise when you get them running. Throttle response is just simply AMAZING.

NICE! For no more than what they cost, I opted for meteor pistons with caber rings on my builds. All of my cylinders cleaned up fine. Have fun! If you've never ran a 562 youre in for a pleasant surprise when you get them running. Throttle response is just simply AMAZING.
I can't wait, I have never run a pro Husky saw at all to be honest! I bought a Meteor piston for the new crankcase assembly, but will use the old piston with a new caber ring on the old case assembly. Both cylinders that came with mine look perfect inside. I will probably run a hone through them just to make them like new though since they will get new rings. Hopefully I don't run into too many issues with the carbs, and I have a matching set of carb and coil.

Skip the hone and finish with some red scotchbrite. Your port champhers will thank you.
Ok, Ok, I wont run a hone through it, but for the record I wasn't planning on using a ball hone, I was going to use a 3 stone hone. I had good luck with them on a few past builds, but if the cylinder cleans up well with scotch brite, then that's what I will do.

Well I finally got my pro Husky saw. Picked up a box that contained two 562s and then some.

Paid $100 for everything.
Here it is when I brought it home...
View attachment 780923
And here it is sorted
View attachment 780924
View attachment 780925
View attachment 780926
And here it is after I picked the better set of parts out and cleaned them up.
View attachment 780927

Brilliant! Looking forward to learning from your exercise. Alredy seeing the value of a tidy workbench and excellent layout :yes:

Well I just noticed one small issue. Of the two crankcases I have, the one half with the good crank is a 6 bolt, and the one half that isnt broken is a 5 bolt, it looks like I will have to press the crank out and into the other set. Just a small setback, so all is still good.

That will be on a later build when I put together the second saw.

Hope you’re replacing bearings while you’re at it. Seals too of course
Well I wasnt planning on it on the second saw as they seemed in good condition and the second saw was just a bonus, but since I'm removing the crank I might as well now. I did plan on replacing the seals, and ordered those today.

Anyone know if the bearings, crank and seals are the same between the 5 and 6 bolt cases? Thought they were charged at some point. I'm much more familiar with the 550, has had so many upgrades it's hard to keep track.[emoji111]

Wow great score OP.

I picked up a blown up 2014 562xp for $100 last year. I split the saw and put new bearings and seals in. If you are going to build either saw you should install new bearings. When those plastic races let go they make major damage on the top end.

I installed a meteor piston and did a muffler mod on my saw.

I've used it as my primary saw all year and I will say its about as good of a saw as I've ever run.

Its light, nimble, smooth, fast throttle and it has good power. It also sips fuel.

I've cut everything from poplar to rock hard oak with it and every time I run it it leaves me smiling.

Can you tell I like my 562??? :)

When you get a chance I'd like know which carbs you have?? Mine has an el48 on it and it runs perfect.

Wow great score OP.

I picked up a blown up 2014 562xp for $100 last year. I split the saw and put new bearings and seals in. If you are going to build either saw you should install new bearings. When those plastic races let go they make major damage on the top end.

I installed a meteor piston and did a muffler mod on my saw.

I've used it as my primary saw all year and I will say its about as good of a saw as I've ever run.

Its light, nimble, smooth, fast throttle and it has good power. It also sips fuel.

I've cut everything from poplar to rock hard oak with it and every time I run it it leaves me smiling.

Can you tell I like my 562??? :)

When you get a chance I'd like know which carbs you have?? Mine has an el48 on it and it runs perfect.
I have 3 carbs. Two are el48's and one is a 55A.

Anyone know if the bearings, crank and seals are the same between the 5 and 6 bolt cases? Thought they were charged at some point. I'm much more familiar with the 550, has had so many upgrades it's hard to keep track.[emoji111]
I hope not, the only differences I could find was the additional bolt. Everything else I read made it sound like the rest is the same, but that may not be true.

I have 3 carbs. Two are el48's and one is a 55A.

If you have EL48s you should be good to go. Ive run my 562 in +30c heat and -30 cold. It runs perfect every time.

One thing I'll mention is I did mod the top cover and muffler to get the heat out of the saw. These 562s are known for hot start issues, I've only had my saw not hot start once and that was on a sweltering +38c day. My 365 and 044 wouldnt restart that day either.

If you restart a 562 hot then you want to prime the bulb 5 or 6 times, put the saw on fast idle and then restart. If you don't do that they can be a ***** to get going.

I hope not, the only differences I could find was the additional bolt. Everything else I read made it sound like the rest is the same, but that may not be true.

Its been my experience that only difference between the 5 and 6 screw saws is the extra screw. Everything else is the same.

Well I just noticed one small issue. Of the two crankcases I have, the one half with the good crank is a 6 bolt, and the one half that isnt broken is a 5 bolt, it l
You are good. As said I would replace case bearings and seal.

Latest posts

Back