562XP Project - Who Likes Puzzles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got my seal today for saw 2, but still waiting on the rest of the parts needed to fire it up.

I did however put the 2 shoe clutch on saw 1, and can confirm it must be weak springs in the 3 shoe clutch that was causing my chain to run at idle. Putting the 2 shoe clutch on solved the problem. Now to get new springs.

The post office delivered today!!!

I got the final parts to finish saw 2.

Got her all together, pulled and pulled and pulled, and she just would not run. She would fire, and that was it. I bet I pulled it 100 times. I kept pulling the plug and it wasnt wet, but would leave it out, blow out the cylinder, put it back together, pull till my arm couldnt take it anymore, and repeat.

I thought for sure the carb, coil combo wasnt matched, but thought maybe it could be the kill wire could be making contact somewhere. Pulled the carb, and took it apart while I was at it. I didnt have a rebuild kit for it, but the diaphragms looked good, and it was clean.

Put it back together, and double checked the wires were connected correctly.

I must've done something right this time, cause she fired on the second pull and ran. She smoked like a train, so I know she was flooding, but I **** it off, went out to a stump nearby and let her rip at wide open throttle. She smoothed out and purrs like a kitten now.

I am so relieved, I thought this one was going to be a did as it was made from all the spare parts, but it runs great!

Here she is ready to work.
20200106_202450.jpg

Thank you all for following along. Overall I'm happy. I deviated from my original plan of just building one, and then deviated again and started buying a bunch of new oem parts, and then bought even more parts for saw #2.

If I was real hard up for money, I could've made 1 good saw from the two without anymore out of pocket then the original $100 investment, but the rings, bearings, and seals all would have needed to be reused, and I didnt feel comfortable doing that.

Latest posts

Back