562XP Project - Who Likes Puzzles?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, why are you making a tool to remove the clutch? pull the plug, rotate to almost TDC, insert a piece of clean crank rope, spin the clutch by hand to THE RIGHT until it stops, then use a chisel and hammer to remove it.

Anyway, I decided to see how this saw compared to my 034 Super and my MS390. Both the 034 and 390 seemed to cut great. They all have new chains, and all have 20" bars.

There was no competition. The 562xp runs unbelievably well. All cutting in the same ash log, the 562 didnt hesitate at all. The 034 which normally seems to punch above its weight class bogged down when the full bar was buried, and the 390 didnt bog down, but was slower cutting when buried. The 562 acts like it could run a 36" bar if needed. I am completely blown away by this saw so far.

Cant wait to get saw #2 going, and get the clutch fixed on saw #1. These will be my go to saws in the future.

Also, why are you making a tool to remove the clutch? pull the plug, rotate to almost TDC, insert a piece of clean crank rope, spin the clutch by hand to THE RIGHT until it stops, then use a chisel and hammer to remove it.
Yeah, I tried that but couldnt find a rope. I will give it another try later.

Its good to see that you got saw one running.

In my experience my 562 was a bit of a picky starter at first and now it starts like any saw I have.

I had issues with my saw not returning to idle for a month or so. When I finally figured it out I snickered to my self as it was funny. One primer bulb line wasn't clipped into it holder right and was touching the throttle linkage. Clipped it in and the problem was fixed.

Now as for the using the saw I find in summer my 562 runs fine once warm. Its lazy until it warms up so I let it idle for a bit before I use it.

In winter I find the sww sometimes is a bit picky. Yesterday we were cutting, i fired my 562 up amd it stalled, fired it up again and it idled and then it ran fine.

My saw seems to need a bit of time to figure out the air temps when its really cold. It runs fine once I get it going..

As for your clutch my 562 did the same thing about 4 months into owning it. The plastic oiler gear got stripped and made the clutch stick. I replaced it and havent had any trouble since.

Its good to see that you got saw one running.

In my experience my 562 was a bit of a picky starter at first and now it starts like any saw I have.

I had issues with my saw not returning to idle for a month or so. When I finally figured it out I snickered to my self as it was funny. One primer bulb line wasn't clipped into it holder right and was touching the throttle linkage. Clipped it in and the problem was fixed.

Now as for the using the saw I find in summer my 562 runs fine once warm. Its lazy until it warms up so I let it idle for a bit before I use it.

In winter I find the sww sometimes is a bit picky. Yesterday we were cutting, i fired my 562 up amd it stalled, fired it up again and it idled and then it ran fine.

My saw seems to need a bit of time to figure out the air temps when its really cold. It runs fine once I get it going..

As for your clutch my 562 did the same thing about 4 months into owning it. The plastic oiler gear got stripped and made the clutch stick. I replaced it and havent had any trouble since.
You may be on to something about the oiler gear. Mine was pretty rough. I ordered a new one, but it isnt here yet, so this will have to do.

You may be on to something about the oiler gear. Mine was pretty rough. I ordered a new one, but it isnt here yet, so this will have to do.

My saw was overheated and blown up. The bar was blue on both sides. The heat wrecked the oiler gear, I put it in anyhow when I built the saw.

The gears that mesh with the clutch hub on mine got warn and ended up piling up the clutch.

Was going to say, do you just beat those saws into submission with all those hammers! Nice collection and rack.

Still waiting on parts from SEL for saw number 2. But I was able to get my Tsumara light bar and new chain on saw 1.

View attachment 784253

Wow that saw looks way better then my $350 junk pile built 562xp. Nice job.

I must have CAD bad cause I never saw the ridiculous amount of hammers behind the saw lol.

Your hammer collection is legendary.

I was going to add, one of my other vices was vises. But they get heavy in a hurry and take up a lot of space.

Hammers are just things like everything else from yardsales, something I find cheap and then rehandle or refinish. Glad you guys like them.

Here is a better picture without the chainsaws in the way.
20190820_171111.jpg

Wow that saw looks way better then my $350 junk pile built 562xp. Nice job.

I must have CAD bad cause I never saw the ridiculous amount of hammers behind the saw lol.

Your hammer collection is legendary.
Thank you for the compliments on the saw. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I had my doubts at first, but glad I stuck with it.

You should post pics of your junkyard build. Patina is all the rage right now.

Can't wait to get saw 2 finished so I can get more pics.

Latest posts

Back