562xp small particulets getting past air filters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhh on the 180 and AHHH on the chain to
also im self taught and still learning things so if i come across as a ID10T then just bear with me on some of this stuff

what type of wood is birch I mostly turn wrenches on saws and I only cut pine to heat my home not up to par on tree Identity is it soft of hard or something in between my 24" bar with new chain had some trouble getting a bit into this wood and would through really fine chips with a new chain thought I dulled it but when I took to a limb on a cotton wood it tore right through it thinking the factory chain just sucks but want to make sure will be getting a stihl rcs chain for it at some point

That is white birch. FWIW, the bark is used for decorative projects & to build the traditional canoe. The wood is somewhat brittle & does not keep well. It burns OK, but we call it go-fer wood. Put a log on & go for more. Re: fines in the throat: I used to have a J'reds920 that used to suck so many fines past the filter, I thought it burned as much wood as it did fuel! I was always worried about it, but never had a problem. I used that saw for around 30 yrs., & when I pulled the muff to look at the piston before selling it, it still had clearly defined horizontal machine markings, & I used to run it at 13,000-13,500RPM.
PS. You might try checking your depth gauges. I have had some Husky-Oregon chain out of the box with depth gauges much too high.

Latest posts

Back