562Xp starting problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiziksgeek

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all,

Homeowner here. I am getting into burning wood and took a delivery of log length last week. I bought a 562XP as an upgrade from my ~10 year old 350. Got home early Friday and immediately ran a tank through it, loved the power/weight. Ran it Sat for ~2 hours, making several cuts in larger logs, shutting down the saw to roll the logs, starting it back up to finish things off. Went out Sunday to finish off the pile, made ~10 cuts, shut the saw down to roll/reposition the log I was working on, but couldn't get the saw to restart.

When it wouldn't fire up, I came in and read the manual, went back out and followed the restart procedure for a warm start, pulled the choke up then pressed down. Nothing. Tried giving it some throttle, nothing. Gave up and went and played with the kids for a while. Came back ~45 minutes later, nothing. Pulled the plug, but it was dry. Gave up.

Got home from work today and thought I would give it another try. Pressed the decompression, pumped the primer, put the choke up, gave it a couple pulls, nothing, not even a sputter. Put the choke down and pulled it several times, nothing, not even a sputter.

Anyone have any advice?? Worked great for the first few hours of use, ~3+tanks of gas. All from the same mix. Without another option, I'll be heading back to the dealer in the morning..

Yep, I'd be taking it to the dealer. Some have had trouble with restart do to the new/different controls, but sounds like you have that figured out.

Haven't had any trouble with mine.

Pop the fuel cap and see if it hisses a lot. The vent may be not letting in enough air. The 555 did it to me once.

Pop the fuel cap and see if it hisses a lot. The vent may be not letting in enough air. The 555 did it to me once.

I did notice on one of my refills that the fuel tank seemed to be pressurized. Don't recall if it did that when I checked the fuel after it wouldn't start the first time. Where is the vent located, is there an adjustment I can make?

there is a replacement fuel line becouse of there being a kinked spot in the line on some of the saws. take it back to your dealer there is a tec bulletin on it

The 555 started just fine every time after that. I don't know if it vapor locked or what.

there is a replacement fuel line becouse of there being a kinked spot in the line on some of the saws. take it back to your dealer there is a tec bulletin on it

Thank's. I assume they'll know about it, bu maybe not if they haven't sold many.

The 555 started just fine every time after that. I don't know if it vapor locked or what.

Did you have to do anything, or did the problem fix itself when you opened the tank?

It fixed itself after that. I never had any more problems with it hard starting.

Yeah weird I just bought mine 2 weeks ago, starts no prob everytime, bring it back to your dealer ASAP! Mine has been awesome so far, used it every day for the past 2 work weeks. It's hard to put it down now!!!!

Dropped it off at the dealer this morning, went over the starting procedure I used, he went in the back, came out about 10 minutes later and said "whatever it is, its not good, you have zero compression"....

Holy ####!!! Good luck with it. Keep us in the loop. Russ

Thanks, I am fearing that they call and tell me I ran it without oil, so its not covered under warranty, which I know is BS. I ran a tank through my 350, from the same mix, when the 562 wouldn't start. Its also in my BR600 blower...

I wonder if the decomp valve is stuck....oh well, waiting for the call..

Thanks, I am fearing that they call and tell me I ran it without oil, so its not covered under warranty, which I know is BS. I ran a tank through my 350, from the same mix, when the 562 wouldn't start. Its also in my BR600 blower...

I wonder if the decomp valve is stuck....oh well, waiting for the call..

Be interesting to hear what caused this. Good luck!

Considering there are no carb adjustments that can be made by the owner a "lean" seizure would be on husqvarna. Russ

That happened to a friend of mine, after about a week it just died and he took it to tbe dealer and it was seized and they said it was a problem with the auto tune and the dealer got Husqvarna replaced the saw for him. Good luck keep us up to date.

Just talked with the dealer. Looks like a lean seizure. Said the gas/oil mix looked a little light, but I know its right, I use Stihl Ultra synthetic and mix in a one gallon can. Without me asking, he called Husqvarna and told them I didn't want this saw back and they approved a replacement. So, we'll give it another try...

Latest posts

Back