562Xp starting problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just talked with the dealer. Looks like a lean seizure. Said the gas/oil mix looked a little light, but I know its right, I use Stihl Ultra synthetic and mix in a one gallon can. Without me asking, he called Husqvarna and told them I didn't want this saw back and they approved a replacement. So, we'll give it another try...

Same problem my buddies had, at least they replaced it for you.

The dealer fought for me, but it doesn't sound like there was too much push back from Husqvarna. Officially, the warranty would pay to repair the damage, new piston etc, but believing that the problem was caused by the carb, he wanted to replace that as well, and coupe other small things, which pushed the repairs over some cost threshold. Husqvarna agreed, with the only requirement being that they use the same bar and chain. Which is fine by me. The dealer sharpened the chain it for me while the saw was there!

The dealer is Newtown Power Equipment in Newtown, CT in case anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, I will probably not get to run the new saw until Friday or Saturday :-(

The dealer fought for me, but it doesn't sound like there was too much push back from Husqvarna. Officially, the warranty would pay to repair the damage, new piston etc, but believing that the problem was caused by the carb, he wanted to replace that as well, and coupe other small things, which pushed the repairs over some cost threshold. Husqvarna agreed, with the only requirement being that they use the same bar and chain. Which is fine by me. The dealer sharpened the chain it for me while the saw was there!

The dealer is Newtown Power Equipment in Newtown, CT in case anyone is interested.

Unfortunately, I will probably not get to run the new saw until Friday or Saturday :-(

Thats better than having to buy a new one Friday or Saturday.

Wow, thats scarry on a new saw. I know failure rates are a very small %, but i would think the " computer" would make it almost impossible.....

Well, I ran a bit more than 3 tanks through the new 562, no problems so far. For piece of mind, I did mix up new gas, 89 octane and stihl ultra, the usual. Finished cutting the log length wood I had delivered, so probably won't use it again for 2-3 weeks when I go up to my parents place. They had a big oak come down in the tree line in the Oct snow storm last year and I've been slowly helping then get it cut up...

seized?

I can beleive it is siezed with the right fuel mix. This is a new platform with updated technology. There is going to be failure even after it is a proven saw. Is it 1%? Husqvarna would be more than happy with that. I hope you were happy with it while it was good and would give it another chance. I have a 555 and would not give it up.

Ya you're always going to have a small percentage that fail with anything. I've sold about 100 562/555 and had one lean seize, I've also had one snap a connecting rod in half.

Yeah, They is expected failures with anything new, If it's just a few they should be good to go. If it turns out like Ford and their diesels for the last 7 years.....that could be bad :D.

Latest posts

Back