562xp VS 266xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cbob

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Need some advice here. I'm stumped. I can only keep one of these and need some help. Both are mint but last time I used the 562 it had a case of the stumble off idle. I've looked up fixes and I'm not convinced or confident enough to try one or 2 of them. It has the EL46 I think on it. Saw still rips but I have a bit of the OCD. The 266xp is all original with the receipt from 1995. Close to new. But I can only keep one at this time. What to do??!

image.png image.jpeg image.png

Kinda where I'm leaning. But then do attempt to fix the stumble or sell as is?

It's a 2013 so doubt it. I could always bring it to where it's from and see what they say though.

Your 562 may just need a carb rebuild. That el46 can be real finicky when a metering diaphragm is just slightly out of whack.
Here's a link to a thread where the 562 has a throttle response issue which was fixed by replacing the metering diaphragm.
http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...xp-stock-vs-ported-357xp.294907/#post-5795707

After a couple days heavy use the 266 will look like any other old 266 where the 562 will be a sweet saw covered in dust. That being said I'd keep both and make ends meet some other way.

I did see that last time I searched. Probably just get in there and try it. I did have it on the bench and almost stared a while back

After a couple days heavy use the 266 will look like any other old 266 where the 562 will be a sweet saw covered in dust. That being said I'd keep both and make ends meet some other way.

Your are correct. Plus I don't want to beat up the 266 and the 562 I don't mind using at all

keep the 562 and get the carb updated. The 266 is a great saw and has a soft spot in my heart but this dicission would be harder if it where a mint 262. To me this is a easy decision. 562 all the way. Sentimentally runs out after couple of hours of inferrior av. 562 is smooooth and powerful. Still miss mine and will have another. But either way you go its your decision and as long as you are happy thats what counts. Btw the 266 are freaky little torque monsters!

fpni

The 562 is easily replaceable, and will be for a long time. You may never be able to find/ afford another 266xp in that shape.
Yeah but using the 562 for any amount of time i guarantee most 2xx series huskys end up being shelf queens while 562 is the work horse. I am a huge 2aeries fan but the 562 is a impressive machine to saw the least.

Back