562xp vs 362cm vs 620sx echo (600sx Shindaiwa)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Hogden

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ok guys, Stihl and Husky are both on their second generation of these saws, so one would think that their teething problems should be sorted. The Shindaiwa 600sx / Echo 620 is fairly new, but i have not heard of any problems with these.
Would be nice to see a "current" comparison of the 3.
I have 3 Shindaiwas and they are faultless. The 757 is a torque monster!
Im am currently leaning towards the 600sx Shindaiwa for my next saw. But cant rule out the other 2. Especially the 562xp.

Don't forget about Jonsered and Dolmar/Makita saws in that category.
Jonsered = Husqvarna

Ok guys, Stihl and Husky are both on their second generation of these saws, so one would think that their teething problems should be sorted. The Shindaiwa 600sx / Echo 620 is fairly new, but i have not heard of any problems with these.
Would be nice to see a "current" comparison of the 3.
I have 3 Shindaiwas and they are faultless. The 757 is a torque monster!
Im am currently leaning towards the 600sx Shindaiwa for my next saw. But cant rule out the other 2. Especially the 562xp.
Strangely some companies manage to do it right the first time...

:D

Here Makita warranty is regular 2 years and with registration 3 years.

That what it should be. Makita Oz needs to pull their head in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here are the 600sx specs.
Its up there with power and weight
874f89796512aa405dd2473b39696801.jpg
1397dfe85077c3fbe57cbea88b5d696f.jpg

With the issues the 562 have had and the weight of the 600/620p I think your best bet would be the NE 362.

I "like" the 562 the best, but have just heard to many horror stories.

I don't know if the performance gains of the 620p are significant enough to justify the price over the 590 timberwolf. I've run a 590 and liked it but it feels like a 60cc saw with 70cc saw weight.

Jonsered = Husqvarna
Yes most of us know this but they look so much better being Red heads and are slightly different in the states at least. I wouldn't worry to much about how long or short a warranty is. If you get a dud saw it should show it's true colors of being good or not in the first year. I have heard Echo can be all talk with the 5 year warranty claim @Dahmer

:D

All talk? How do you mean?

I had a 10 month old CS-400 that broke a piston. I had put a Champion plug in the saw, compatible with the NGK that was stock. Echo denied the warranty on the grounds that it wasn't the stock plug, even tho they admitted the charts showed the plug was compatible. Non-stock = modified= no warranty.

Oh yuk

Don't get wrong, I really like 400's and 490's but don't treat me like a dumb a** with a lousy warranty. I switched to Maruyama MCV51's, 2 of them, it's a rebadged Dolmar 5105. I do still have the Echos, just don't trust that company.

Here in Oz you need to show proof that you have run the saw on genuine echo/shindaiwa oil to obtain the 5 year warranty. That doesnt worry me because its really good full synthetic oil and about the same price as the stihl or husky stuff

My dealer told Echo I bought my Echo mix oil off him by the six pack, to no avail.

The best warranty I've invested in is a Wiha chainsaw kit, a mityvac 8500, case splitter, compression gauge, a tach & a bunch of small consumables ie roll of starter cord, rolls of fuel line etc. I hate the warranty system with saws and refuse to play that game. Its a selling point that will frustrate the fork out of you should you one day make a claim. Best warranty IMO is to make the right decisions when buying a saw like model, condition and price. The pamphlet's and floor salesman will talk up a warranty like its a wise investment and provide you year/years of security with big 2,3 & 5 year warranties. Read the 2 pages of really small fine print and your left wondering what if any part of the saw is covered.

Back