What's with the 562XP?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, that settles that. My 562 will stay 3/8. Too bad; I've got a dozen or so 20" .325 LPX chains.

What about square chisel - e.g., 72CLX or 72CKX (skip), vs. round-ground chisel? Pros & Cons? I've never used square-ground chisel chain. Plus I always sharpen my own chains by hand, and I recall having read somewhere that it is more difficult to hand-sharpen square-ground chisel chain.
Sq ground cuts a little faster than round ground, but is a pain to sharpen. & few folks have a grinder to do it. You can try one and just sharpen with a round file when it gets dull...

OK. Thanks for the advice & feedback, Don. Now let's see how quickly I can get me a 562 and start cutting up those trees out back that have been waiting patiently.

Basic rule, pro saw use rim drive clutch drum(splined hub) and non pro saws use sprocket drum. Drum is a wear item as sprocket/ rim should be changed about every two or three chains. clutch drives the drum so inside wear from that, yearly replacement for pro depending on use. Drum rides on a bearing another wear and service issue. Also the brake band runs on the outside of the drum. This all boils down to if your saw has sprocket drum run it until replacement is needed then change to a rim drive, cost is about the same but the rim system allows you to only change the rim which wears 4 or 5 times faster than the rest of the drum. The sprocket drum type is one piece. Rims are $ 8/$ 10, sprocket drums $ 25, rim drums w/rim $ 25 or so. Also the rims allow you to size and pitch by just changing rims. I' also recommend starting with at least 3 chains and rotate them. 5 is even better if your having them sharpend by someone else. This allows you to have some in the shop and still have spares when cutting. You don't want to run a chain til it's dull, when you have to push it change it. When chains are rotated the rim and chains are meshed and wear longer. This may seem an expensive way to do it but if you use one chain a year normally this way will last five and is more convienet. You may want to try 3 different styles of chains first even if you find a favorite you can hang up the other two and by more of your favorites. Hope this helps out. Ken

I just bought a 562xpw for $624. I went in to return some gloves and they were having 20% off all handheld equipment. I returned after running some errands in town, cause I wanted to try out a 562 in their test log since I have been reading lots of good reviews here. I was impressed with the throttle response, power, and how relatively light the saw felt.

Local store had some Husqvarna reps there so I was asking about the "next" big XP (ghost saw) and didn't get any useful information. In fact the guy told me they hadn't even started on it. It's time for me to thin my Husky herd some more to make way for the new one. Probably going with 3 saws, my 545AT, my 562xpw, and my WWS 576AT once it gets here.

I've got both the 562 and the 372 and I usually grab the 562 just because it always gets the job done. I usually run 20 inch bars on my saws so the chains all interchange. Both pull a 24 inch well, but the 372 wins out with the 28. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but as an all around saw I would pick the 562.

I forgot to mention while I was trying out the demo saw and buying the 562, I told the Husqvarna rep that I had a 545 AT. He mentioned after the autotune saws are warmed up to switch the choke on then off prior to starting to initiate the "high idle" and they would start easier. I tried it the next day with my 545 and 562, and I couldn't believe how much better the saw started and sounded after restarting.

I've got both the 562 and the 372 and I usually grab the 562 just because it always gets the job done. I usually run 20 inch bars on my saws so the chains all interchange. Both pull a 24 inch well, but the 372 wins out with the 28. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but as an all around saw I would pick the 562.

I would disagree with this I have both and yea the 562 is a good saw and will pull a 24" ok. Having said that it's no 372 the 372 is not much heavier and will tackle any thing you throw at it. It will pull a 24" like a man not just ok and imo makes the 562 look sick once you get to that size bar. If you wanna run 24" and up regularly then the 372 is the way to go. The 562 is a strong saw for its size but it don't have the ass to replace a 372. One saw do it all 372xp.

I have a ported 2260 and a 365xt, which is basically a 372. I have done a few tweaks to the 365. Sometimes I like to run the 2260 and sometimes the 365xt. Ain't life grand.
And I am real happy when I have a need for my 390. I would like to join the old farts club. Do I qualify @65?

Latest posts

Back