562xp vs 362cm vs 620sx echo (600sx Shindaiwa)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best warranty I've invested in is a Wiha chainsaw kit, a mityvac 8500, case splitter, compression gauge, a tach & a bunch of small consumables ie roll of starter cord, rolls of fuel line etc. I hate the warranty system with saws and refuse to play that game. Its a selling point that will frustrate the fork out of you should you one day make a claim. Best warranty IMO is to make the right decisions when buying a saw like model, condition and price. The pamphlet's and floor salesman will talk up a warranty like its a wise investment and provide you year/years of security with big 2,3 & 5 year warranties. Read the 2 pages of really small fine print and your left wondering what if any part of the saw is covered.

Wish I had read those 2 pages then my hopes would not have been up when I turned in the claim.

Ultimately if you choose to rely on a the warranty what is MOST important is the dealer you make that claim with. Trusted dealers on here are some that will push your case. The warranty is only as good as the dealer your dealing with. Choosing your dealer is most important IMO when making a new saw purchase.

Ultimately if you choose to rely on a the warranty what is MOST important is the dealer you make that claim with. Trusted dealers on here are some that will push your case. The warranty is only as good as the dealer your dealing with. Choosing your dealer is most important IMO when making a new saw purchase.
I like this reply. So true. A good dealer will go "against" the manufacture to get you the service

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We dont have Jonsered or Dolmar here in Oz. The Makita Dolmars available here inly have 12 months warranty. What a joke. Even the 562xp comes with 4 years warranty here in Oz
Whats the 4 year warranty cover ? . Manufacturing defects i suspect , and not owner abuse . Im thinking any manufacturing defect would show pretty soon after using it . Can't say i have ever bought a saw then came across a manufacturing defect . Any1 else . Only reason i am looking at them is i have a chance to buy a brand spanker unwanted prize . If i can get it for under NZ $500 i probably will . Will then no doubt try unload a 362 . I'm Stihl missing the Joke really . Hang on a minute , just remembered a 2nd hand Solo 675 i had a few years back . Was using it then there was a bit of a rattle and a lot of smoke . Contacted Solo Nz and they said send it to us . If i recall rightly they were built 1st with 4 crankcase bolts ( they failled ) they then made them with 5 bolts . They rebuilt the saw and sent it back with the only charge being a fuel filter and courier . I still have the original clutch cover and clutch , as when it returned it was wearing a new clutch and cover . Can't fault that sort of service . My Solo 681 has never missed a beat .

The best warranty I've invested in is a Wiha chainsaw kit, a mityvac 8500, case splitter, compression gauge, a tach & a bunch of small consumables ie roll of starter cord, rolls of fuel line etc. I hate the warranty system with saws and refuse to play that game. Its a selling point that will frustrate the fork out of you should you one day make a claim. Best warranty IMO is to make the right decisions when buying a saw like model, condition and price. The pamphlet's and floor salesman will talk up a warranty like its a wise investment and provide you year/years of security with big 2,3 & 5 year warranties. Read the 2 pages of really small fine print and your left wondering what if any part of the saw is covered.
But some sheeple like that :)

Just for your info,
I ended up getting a MS362. I Love it. No issues and it has heaps of power.

Just for your info,
I ended up getting a MS362. I Love it. No issues and it has heaps of power.

Since the factory warranty is sketchy, you might as well do a muffler mod. You can always buy a stock one to switch out prior if warranty is needed. It will make a big difference.

I got mine home, pulled the C&P, removed the stock gasket (cannot remember if I did thinner or nothing), port matched intake & exhaust, muffler modded, cut gills. Mine runs much better.

Latest posts

Back