562xp vs 555 vs 6100 stock shoot out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow I'm not surprised how this turned out based on who was organizing it.
I thought the 555 and 562 did surprisingly well. Where you not expecting them to fair so well?
LOL
I was wondering why it was so quite over here usually a thread with a 562 would be on its 4th page by now.
Wish I could've had an echo 620 that may have stirred the pot even more.

Corey thanks for sharing the video.

I really hope you don't take this as harsh criticism, but I simply can't hold my tongue. To get reliable cut times you mustn't rock the saw, that's a big no no and kills any chance of getting reliable times. You also didn't get consistent load on the saws. You have to cut straight through the log, listen to the engine and adjust the load as you're cutting. This was not accomplished IMHO. At times the 562 was almost under no load at all. The longer bar on the 6100 can also be an advantage as well, makes operating the saw easier.

I have no dog in this and and simply giving you the best constructive criticism I have to offer. The 6100 looks like the real deal, and honestly the 562 isn't what some make it out to be.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Corey thanks for sharing the video.

I really hope you don't take this as harsh criticism, but I simply can't hold my tongue. To get reliable cut times you mustn't rock the saw, that's a big no no and kills any chance of getting reliable times. You also didn't get consistent load on the saws. You have to cut straight through the log, listen to the engine and adjust the load as you're cutting. This was not accomplished IMHO. At times the 562 was almost under no load at all. The longer bar on the 6100 can also be an advantage as well, makes operating the saw easier.

I have no dog in this and and simply giving you the best constructive criticism I have to offer. The 6100 looks like the real deal, and honestly the 562 isn't what some make it out to be.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Not harsh at all. I by no means am a skilled timed cookie cutter. Also I think the broad power band makes it alot easier to get consistent times with the 6100 at least for me. The huskies run great but once under a certain load they just stop where the 6100 keeps pulling. I was trying to make sure I didn't pass that point so I could keep the fastest cuts.
In all honesty anyone who buys a saw just on speed or power to weight leaves a good possibility to miss out on equally important aspects of the tool.

Back