562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stmonnat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just bought a 562xp , whats the deal with running wide open in a log for 3 to 5 minutes . Why wouldnt it aready come in tune from the factory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Just bought a 562xp , whats the deal with running wide open in a log for 3 to 5 minutes . Why wouldnt it aready come in tune from the factory.

It's weird, usually the Husky Auto-tune are set up properly from factory. But anyway, after 5 minutes, your saw is set and will remain!

There is no "tune" to an AutoTune saw... it has to learn as it goes so to speak.

Hopefully you run your saw at WOT when in wood?

To me, what the manual say just means that you should avoid limbing and other small wood the first minutes.

Run it as any other saw just without letting it sit and idle alot. The autotune learns as it goes.

The saw may be "tuned" at the factory in Sweedishland which may be at one elevation and political leaning and it might get shipped to a completely different environment or to the U.S. and they may be using a different fuel. Heck it may even be run by some hill billy in NJ whom thinks all you should do with a saw is fill it up and run the snot out it for the next twenty years or so and never sharpen the chain.

muffler mod

After a muffler mod on an autotune saw, is the 3 to 5 min hard running recommended, or will it just adjust as you just run the saw on anything?

My take on the manual instructions is find a large log and cut a number of cookies at wide open throttle for 3-5 minutes. The saw will tune itself for altitude, climate, fuel quality, etc. If any of these parameters change significantly, repeat to retune. Pretty slick, seems to me. Stock power/weight ratio is high. Nice saw.

Last edited:
The saw may be "tuned" at the factory in Sweedishland which may be at one elevation and political leaning and it might get shipped to a completely different environment or to the U.S. and they may be using a different fuel. Heck it may even be run by some hill billy in NJ whom thinks all you should do with a saw is fill it up and run the snot out it for the next twenty years or so and never sharpen the chain.

Not sure there is any Hillbillies left in NJ....just city slickers.... :hmm3grin2orange:

My take on the manual instructions is find a large log and cut a number of cookies at wide open throttle for 3-5 minutes. The saw will tune itself for altitude, climate, fuel quality, etc. If any of these parameters change significantly, repeat to retune. Pretty slick, seems to me. Stock power/weight ratio is high. Nice saw.
Yup...The book says to run between 8k-12k for 3-5 minutes without letting off.
You're not supposed to let the RPM drop below 8,000 (Easier said,than done)

Back