562xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 555 when new is a K095 mount with smaller transfer port covers and a tad less power. I believe it is otherwise basically the same.

I bought one that had a 562 top end installed so even closer to being the same, but a K095 instead of D009 mount. I think K095 is fine since generally up to 24" bars are avail in that.
Honestly not sure if I would have noticed it had less power with the original top end, it is a very small difference. The 555 is a great choice to save a few bucks over the 562. I didn't recommend that though since this thread specifically asked about the 562 being a good choice or not.

The 555 when new is a K095 mount with smaller transfer port covers and a tad less power. I believe it is otherwise basically the same.

I bought one that had a 562 top end installed so even closer to being the same, but a K095 instead of D009 mount. I think K095 is fine since generally up to 24" bars are avail in that.
Honestly not sure if I would have noticed it had less power with the original top end, it is a very small difference. The 555 is a great choice to save a few bucks over the 562. I didn't recommend that though since this thread specifically asked about the 562 being a good choice or not.
I dont mind any info on saws I am fairly new to saws been around them most of my life but the absetion with them in new
They are very addictive 😆

I believe the 562 has a stuffed crank and the 555 does not?
Now that you say that, I think you are correct. It's been many years since launch so I could not find the detailed thread showing the engine differences to confirm, but it sounds right.

I think the 562 is also 0.5lb heavier? Oh and the 562 has revboost, but I can't recall what enables that (stuffers, transfer ports, electronics, etc). Tall ("pro") vs short air filter and top cover.

This video should cover it all.

The 562 was the bad ass of the 60cc class until the Stihl Ms400c came along. Even now it is a damn good saw. I loved the one I had.
I used to not be a Stihl fanboy, and I like to think that I'm still not, but the 400 and a couple of other saws have really put me on the Stihl bandwagon. I don't want to disparage the 562, as it's a fine saw, but the 400 is in a class of its own. It's lightweight for the 60cc class, yet has 70cc power...and having torn it down to just the cases, I don't see anything that suggests it's going to prematurely wear out.

The only downsides to it IMO, are the crappy stock oiler and that you can only get it in a half-wrap version. I wanted a wrap-handle saw that could oil a 32", so I've got more money into mine than makes sense(and time)...but I'm completely happy with the results...it's my go to saw for everything to chunking trees down, falling trees, even bucking firewood. I've got 9 other saws IIRC and the 400 gets the most use out of all of them.

I have to ask. Do you dislike the D009 mount?

Dislike? Not in most circumstances.

But sometimes the 562 gets used for brush-work, and the fatter bar makes it challenging to get in between stems or clumps of sprouts to cut them back low.

That is where a narrower, smaller mount bar would be of advantage. Might even be a few ounces difference in weight.

Ive got 2, little brother likes the first so much I never got to use it, so I got another. I wanted a smaller saw to live in the truck, between fire department calls and generator service calls in storms i carry a saw in the truck all the time. One has a 20” bar and the other has a 24”. It’s unstoppable with the 20” and the 24” it does very well with but you can’t just dig in the spikes and reef on it.
They are the most pleasant and ergonomically correct saw i have ever run and I would not hesitate for one second to own another.

Latest posts

Back