575xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATHRBCUTN

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just ordered myself a new 575xp from the local dealer. Can't wait to get it to the woods. Wondering what the biggest bar is some of you guys run on this saw. I ordered a 20" with it and was thinking about getting a 28 or 32. I know it's only recomended for a 28 but wasn't sure how recomended. Anything you guys know of that I should have done to the saw, would be greatly appreciated.

A 32" bar will be heavier and less balanced than a 28, it will be very nose heavy. You can run a 32" bar with a "skip tooth" chain that has half the number of cutters as full comp chain. The good thing is skip is easier to sharpen. Or you could run a 28" with full comp cutters, its up to you.

Unless you plan on cutting trees over 5' diameter the bigger bar is not necessary

I noticed a couple of sites on the net that list the saw with a 32" bar length.
Yet Husky only recomends a 28. Whats that about?

I never looked at there site. I was just going by the 08 catolog. Is your saw stock. Thinking about tinkering with the muff, but probaly will wait untill the warrenty period is up.

Mine is completely stock. Honestly I don't feel the need to do anything to it.

At this age I appreciate the stock muffler and don't need any more noise out of it, which is strange because useally I tinker and modify everthing.

I think you will like it.

I have a 575. I have only run about 5 tanks through it so far. Its the biggest saw I have ever run so I don't really have anything to compare it too. It cuts alot better than my J-Red 2065. I have had trouble restarting it once after shutting it down. I have bogged the 24'' bar in some monster oak before, so I have been weery to run the 32'' bar until its broken in.

The guys in the chainsaw forum hate these saws and they will all tell you to get a 272 or the J-Red 2171. I think they may be overreacting a little. I guess its heavier and not as well balanced as the others. If its a firewood saw I really don't see their point. Heck, I cut tons of wood with my Olympic 264, and it doesn't get any heavier than that. Overall I think its a good saw. I would like to try a Dolmar 7900 though, and would love to get one but the dealers near me seem to be nonexsistant even though they are listed on Dolmars web site.

Hope you got a good deal and let us know how you like it.

Just ordered myself a new 575xp from the local dealer. Can't wait to get it to the woods. Wondering what the biggest bar is some of you guys run on this saw. I ordered a 20" with it and was thinking about getting a 28 or 32. I know it's only recomended for a 28 but wasn't sure how recomended. Anything you guys know of that I should have done to the saw, would be greatly appreciated.
I would leave it as is it's a 75cc saw should be a fine firewood saw!Some of the newer saw's have the modders baffled at least from what I have read:) I have a big *** saw for a guy living in small tree country I can count the number of true 30+'' trees I have cut on one hand okay two. I would stay with the 28 as balance is important too.
This post has to do with the real world from my prospective I don't need a 100cc saw but I happen to like having it more for fun than anything else! You made a good choice in the saw the bar length is up to you and the type of wood you cut. You might want to consider skip chain, that has already been mentioned for bars longer than 28''

I'm not sure what size saw that is, but I have a 395XPG with a 36" bar and it handles it just fine. I really only use it on monster stuff which isn't a lot. I would rather use a J-Red 2171 if I can (Husky is heavier than hell but cuts big stuff great). If this saw is in the same class as a 2171, I'd stay with a 20-24 inch (that size bar cuts about 80% of the stuff I cut and I cut a lot of wood). Hope I helped.

Last edited:
Run my 575xp mostly with 20", but have 28" bar that works fine. Almost always use my MS660 for the bigger stuff, which has a 25" and 36" bar.

Johnny Rotten
--
ms660
575xp
338xpt
ms290

Mine is with a 24 inch bar, some down in the chainsaw forum suggest using a skip tooth chain so as to not be too burdensome on the saw and the clutch. I got mine when you could order them on the net got 3 chains with mine, regular 3/8 round ground full chisel and it works fine or me.

I have a 2171 and run a 24" bar most of the time. I also use a 20" bar but the saw's balance is nose up. I also run a 32" bar with a skip tooth chain and the saw has a nose down balance. It feels better cutting wise and safety wise using the 24" bar to me for some reason.

Back