576xp or ms441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniburbs36

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have to say I am leaning towards the stihl. I am just not sure what to do, they are both great saws.

So you are ruling out the non-strato 70cc saws? (MS460, 372XP/XPW, 7900)

not ruling out, I just think that 576xp and ms441 look cleaner, kindof a preference. I don't think that them being strato will cause problems so it's just a matter of saw preference.

my problem exactly, they are both great saws, I've felt them, used them, there are no dealers that do any good around here, I do my work, so that doesn't matter. It's a tough one.

They (441) feel just as strong as a 460 to me. I have never ran a 576 but I hear they are nice too.

I guess I have to recommend the 441, being as it's the only one of the two that I have ran. It was stock also. I bet a muffler mod would really open her up. I like the powerband better than the 440 or 460. Just seems more torquey to me. Like it's got more lowend grunt.

If you don't plan to mod heavily the autotune is an attractive feature and is purported to improve performance in the cut.

Autotune is not some experiment, it is here to stay, and you'll see more and more of it.

FWIW the Husqvarna has a better warranty. On the other hand, the stihl is supplied with slightly better cutting equipment (stihl chain and bar) IMO is better (though not immensely) than the oregon stuff on the husky.

Can't comment on the 441

but the 576 has a great powerband and has the best anti-vibe I've ever used. If you ever plan on running a long bar with skip chain you'll really appreciate how smooth it is.

Take Care

I have to say I am leaning towards the stihl. I am just not sure what to do, they are both great saws.

Be watching for a thread from blueridgemark as he just purchased a real nice woods ported 576 from mdavlee. I would imagine Mark will put up some pics and if were lucky some vids too. :greenchainsaw:

I really like my 441 so far. The 576 was a consideration, but I have two Stihl stores within 45 miles. The Husky store is 70 miles and has to order everything but the small saws. I grabbed the 441 off the shelf with a hat and three chains.

I am really pleased with the smoothness of the saw and its fuel consumption. At this weekend's GTG, I had it burried in a 50-inch piece of green cottonwood and it did great in spite of the fact that it is hardly even broken in.

If I had bought this saw first, I doubt that I would have ever bought my 361-it just is not needed.

Make your decision on availability and service as either saw will serve you well.

I don't know about either the 576 or the 441. I took the advice of the guys on here and got a 372xp. Was cutting Red Oak with it this weekend and that saw flat rips. I have used the saw a lot on Tamarack (lodgepole pine) and it rips through that stuff, wasn't sure how it would do on oak. However it went through 24" dry oak with a 28" bar and skip chain like a hot knife through butter. It was running so good that one of the Stihl guys had to borrow my Husky just to check it out. Great saw.

Last edited:
Just be sure to get the 576xp with the conventional carb and not the 576xpat.............autotune doesn't like mods, but work amazing on its intended platform (aka a base saw), rips way better and has such a broad powerband versus the 372xp. The auto tune carb will not take well to muffler mods and prting till such time as some computer genius comes up with a new programable chip for us to enjoy.

Just be sure to get the 576xp with the conventional carb and not the 576xpat.............autotune doesn't like mods, but work amazing on its intended platform (aka a base saw), rips way better and has such a broad powerband versus the 372xp. The auto tune carb will not take well to muffler mods and prting till such time as some computer genius comes up with a new programable chip for us to enjoy.

you know the more ya think about it the autotune is a great saw. especiallyfor someone not interested in porting but at the same times wants a real runner! I bet it really does work well. I really like the sound of the broader power band......:D

That would just be...out of character :D

The autotune carb gets it signal primarily on the intake side of the engine, within parameters...have yet to talk to anybody at Husqvarna here in Canada that can really explain all the signals it recieves...........backpressure has to be in the equation somewhere etc....

I got my 576xpat for the sole reason to try it and see if the new technology has any merit so that i could give first hand experience and feedback to my customers, my cost almost $900 CDN. What have I learned so far, it works great (assuming one keeps there saw clean and well cared for), and I enjoy not having to grab a screwdriver out of my pockect, albeight I still check it with my tach regularily. It had alot more torque and a much broader powerband than the 372xp and fuel use seems to have dropped (not really keeping track of it, too busy cutting, and I never run my tank dry).

What I want Husqvarna to do is make a 50cc autotune saw so I can use it everyday on my way home. The 576 is too much saw for the majority of my cutting, so hard to really determine things for its spends most of its time on the shelf, versus my 353/2152 that ride in the truck, atv, and snowmobile daily.

Latest posts

Back