60cc saw testing on professional grade.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I never factored it. One I'm doing service work and can't really keep track. Another is it's never mattered to me. I'm about smiles per tank not rounds per tank.
I like the smiles too. I'm mostly a vintage saw guy but do use modern saws to cut for side jobs and helping friends/family out and for fun. The comment you made on the 562 being the winner based on chain speed makes me wonder. What do you consider chain speed? Does it make the fastest bucking cut/cookie?

I like the smiles too. I'm mostly a vintage saw guy but do use modern saws to cut for side jobs and helping friends/family out and for fun. The comment you made on the 562 being the winner based on chain speed makes me wonder. What do you consider chain speed? Does it make the fastest bucking cut/cookie?
Exactly for limbing and bucking rounds it is no doubt the quickest factory saw. I mean for a 60cc saw to pull a 28"-32" bar is phenomenal. Not saying the others can't they just don't do it the way the 562 has proven to me it can. Race chain to race chain and 20" bars I've ran all these saws till I was blue in the face none could match it stock.

Dang was hoping you had one of the NE T2 362 light weights in that test. Lighter then 361 562. No poulan 60cc either ;)

View attachment 604624

I've ran a few of them. Most of my 362 praise is on the type 2. Poulan 3450/3750 is a joy to run. Not something I could really buy parts for and keep in service though.

The 5 series huskies were well ahead of their time when released. Many upgrades have been made to the models but the core design and output they produce is pretty amazing. I have a 555 and its the size of or smaller than most 50cc saws. No saw is 'perfect' but its nice to read a review from someone who is able to put brand bias aside & just focus on a range of 60cc class saws based on their merit. I think this thread shows the market is good and many options will work well for users.

Exactly for limbing and bucking rounds it is no doubt the quickest factory saw. I mean for a 60cc saw to pull a 28"-32" bar is phenomenal. Not saying the others can't they just don't do it the way the 562 has proven to me it can. Race chain to race chain and 20" bars I've ran all these saws till I was blue in the face none could match it stock.
Yep, the 562xp is the most impressive 'stock' saw I've ever run.

I would like to try one of the NE ms362s', but I really don't need or want any more saws!

361 is the pinnacle and close is 362c type 2. 036 just isn't a option anymore. I sold mine shortly after buying a 262xp because it was more the saw of the era to me and 361 took it's purpose.

So I think the 362 is a BIG FAT BOX. No experience on huskyvarmints

You:

"it was more the saw of the era to me "WTF?

and 361 took it's purpose. ...........um so .... ?

So how did 036 cut?

I thought the 362 was about as huge as my 038s and never wanted one after just picking one up.

It's good to have options. I carry two 14" top handle's, two 50cc 16-18", two 60cc 20" and one 24" and one 28" saw everyday to work. I did 12 blown over Oaks yesterday and man it was nice having a choice and not having to sharpen or refill across the yard or in the bucket everytime a saw runs out. One leaner had me jumping back and forth between my t540 and 2260 for about a hour to safety remove the wedged area's.

The thing that makes the most difference for me is service because I travel from Virginia to Florida during hurricane season. I can find a Stihl dealer just about everywhere I go; The same can't be said for most other brands. You can find Husqvarna sold everywhere and Echo a lot, but good service is another matter. For me Stihl is the go to brand. But from what I've seen there are a lot of good saws out there now.

Very informative review, thank you.
Is there any differences in the engines between the Echo 590 and 620P models?

Back