64 Thunderbolt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carvinmark

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
attachment.php
I built this 64 fairlane (t-bolt clone) from the ground up,tubbed by me, narrowed 9",428CJ,c-6 manual valve body.This is a street car only. I had to sell it a few years ago-it was my baby.

Last edited:
Nice T'Bolt Mark, 4 link or ladder bar?

I drag raced GM's but, always liked the Ford iron, couldn't afford to race one back then (parts were a bear).
2 of my fav. engines :

427 SOHC
&
Boss 429 Hemi, still want to put one of these in a Mk3 Cobra some day!

:cheers:

Paul

Paul61 said:
Nice T'Bolt Mark, 4 link or ladder bar?

I drag raced GM's but, always liked the Ford iron, couldn't afford to race one back then (parts were a bear).
2 of my fav. engines :

427 SOHC
&
Boss 429 Hemi, still want to put one of these in a Mk3 Cobra some day!

Paul
Just ladder bar w/coil overs I back halved it with a C.E. kit and then tied the frames. The 427SOHC (sock as they were nick named) and the Boss Hemi are still to much $. Thanks Paul.

Last edited:
MAN!!!!!!! Nice ride Mark!!!! Never seen one done in red before, always seem to be "fleet" white for some reason.
Andy

sawinredneck said:
MAN!!!!!!! Nice ride Mark!!!! Never seen one done in red before, always seem to be "fleet" white for some reason.
Andy

Thanks,
Most of them were white originally and mine not being original,I painted it my favorite color.

Sweet looking ride. So the big question from me is. Do you have any regrets selling? I am considering selling my 69 and 66 after the storm damage and loss of storage space now. I will just keep the 65, even though it got hit the hardest. It has been with me the longest and I know I can drive it on long trips for fun out of state.

carvinmark said:
Just ladder bar w/coil overs I back halved it with a C.E. kit and then tied the frames. The 427SOHC (sock as they were nick named) and the Boss Hemi are still to much $. Thanks Paul.

My 1st car was a ladder bar / coil over setup.
Did the T Bolt make it to the track?
If so, what did it turn, & how heavy?
Paul

Cut4fun said:
Sweet looking ride. So the big question from me is. Do you have any regrets selling? I am considering selling my 69 and 66 after the storm damage and loss of storage space now. I will just keep the 65, even though it got hit the hardest. It has been with me the longest and I know I can drive it on long trips for fun out of state.

Sure would be nice to still have it, but financially,I needed the $..I still own a 1963 Falcon that I bought stock in 1978. I chopped the top 4",glass front end,full square tube chassis,altered wheel base tubbed w/14.x32s,and engine set back 10%. The Falcon WILL NOT BE SOLD!!!

Paul61 said:
My 1st car was a ladder bar / coil over setup.
Did the T Bolt make it to the track?
If so, what did it turn, & how heavy?
Paul

Paul,
I built the T-Bolt as a street car only,with a bench seat and the frame rails thru the back seat. A true 6 passenger grociery getter.Never took it to the track. She is a heavy car, about 3600. I ran a 3.55 gear.

carvinmark said:
Sure would be nice to still have it, but financially,I needed the $..I still own a 1963 Falcon that I bought stock in 1978. I chopped the top 4",glass front end,full square tube chassis,altered wheel base tubbed w/14.x32s,and engine set back 10%. The Falcon WILL NOT BE SOLD!!!

Yup, know what ya mean about the $$, sold mine for the same.

The Falcon sounds radical Mark, what engine are ya gonna use?

A fellow that sponsored one of my drag cars raced a 63 Falcon & won NHRA Modified (class) @ the US Nationals back in the late 60's or early 70's
.........with a 6 cyl!!
He bought it back outa a barn a few years ago and has since restored it, will try and get some pics for ya.
Paul

Neat ride-my aunt and uncle had a 1964 Ford Fairlane 500 four door sedan in blue that was similar to yours in terms of body style at least-the 260 V8 was not quite as powerful I suspect!!.

Last edited:
Paul61 said:
Yup, know what ya mean about the $$, sold mine for the same.

The Falcon sounds radical Mark, what engine are ya gonna use?

A fellow that sponsored one of my drag cars raced a 63 Falcon & won NHRA Modified (class) @ the US Nationals back in the late 60's or early 70's
.........with a 6 cyl!!
He bought it back outa a barn a few years ago and has since restored it, will try and get some pics for ya.
Paul

I have built the falcon 4 times over. Ran mostly 302's,a 440 Chrysler,and a 428CJ. Now I have a Boss 302 in pieces to go in it.I haven't run the car in about 12 years and it is starting to show. One day it will be back on the track.
Your sponsor ran a 6 banger ha.Never got carried away with one, but hey,you don't need a big motor to fly!!!! I need to send a pic of the Falcon to Ultra so he can resize it,I can't post it. Would love to see another flyin falcon.
Mark

I like the chopped top Mark!
Looks like ya got a 1 piece glass front on it now?
My buddy's is also red, I hope I can get a pic or 2 of it for ya?

Latest posts

Back