64 Thunderbolt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that your Vega Mark?
Another fav. of mine !!
Gonna post a few pics of my old junk on "Wish I Still......., enjoy.
Thanks for helpin him with the pics Ultra :cheers: :cheers:

Paul61 said:
Is that your Vega Mark?
Another fav. of mine !!
Gonna post a few pics of my old junk on "Wish I Still......., enjoy.
Thanks for helpin him with the pics Ultra :cheers: :cheers:
Ya that was one of my favorites too.The vega had a d-stroked 400,400turbo,narrowed 12 bolt,it hauled ass! This pic is from around 1982. The falcon had a smallblock w/tunnell ram and 660's(my favorite of the small Holleys)Hey,660 Stihl-660 Holley,nowonder I like em.
Special thanks to Ultra!

Mark

carvinmark said:
Ya that was one of my favorites too.The vega had a d-stroked 400,400turbo,narrowed 12 bolt,it hauled ass! This pic is from around 1982. The falcon had a smallblock w/tunnell ram and 660's(my favorite of the small Holleys)Hey,660 Stihl-660 Holley,nowonder I like em.
Special thanks to Ultra!

Mark

Mark you sure have a thing for 660's..your welcome ..call anytime..

I ran a tunnel ram with 2 660's on a 396, not fun to do a jet change, huh!
It went faster with a single 850.
Before Holley offered a competition line of carbs, I made a few bucks converting double pumpers to 4 corner idle carbs.
I used to laugh when I could get even the most radical cammed engine to idle around 750 rpm!
Had a 83 Mustang Gt with a factory Holley that never idled properly.
This carb had secondary idle adjustment screws that were in the throttle body. All I had to do was remove the caps and presto.......4 corner idle adjustment!!

The f.e. dragster you had..............I understood the Crowerglide clutch part but, what's a "BJ 2 speed"?? Similar to a Lenco?

Paul61 said:
I ran a tunnel ram with 2 660's on a 396, not fun to do a jet change, huh!
It went faster with a single 850.
Before Holley offered a competition line of carbs, I made a few bucks converting double pumpers to 4 corner idle carbs.
I used to laugh when I could get even the most radical cammed engine to idle around 750 rpm!
Had a 83 Mustang Gt with a factory Holley that never idled properly.
This carb had secondary idle adjustment screws that were in the throttle body. All I had to do was remove the caps and presto.......4 corner idle adjustment!!

The f.e. dragster you had..............I understood the Crowerglide clutch part but, what's a "BJ 2 speed"?? Similar to a Lenco?
The B&J is what alot of the early dragsters ran,it was about 10" dia and 4"long (per forward gear) and the reverser was about 6" dia and 2" long. All kind of modular and real short. That was back in the early eighties for the dragster

That B&J sounds just like a Lenco, was it planetary?

Durn it, wanted a Lenco too, if I only had a few more thousand $$................................:laugh:

Paul61 said:
That B&J sounds just like a Lenco, was it planetary?

Durn it, wanted a Lenco too, if I only had a few more thousand $$................................:laugh:

I don't have a trans for the Falcon yet but a lenco would be nice (and expensive).I sold the B&J about 1985 for 2500.00,similar to the Lenco.

The guy that bought the Dragster bought the trans and put a 468 in it. He broke the front axle first pass, just off the line when it slamed down hard from a wheely,He got scared and lifted and it droped like a train.

Nice Ride !!!!
I have a few 64 Fairlanes.. heres one of my 64's
frln22.jpg
I also have another Sport Coupe and wagon that Im building. The SC is a full chassis, chopped, channeled door slammer and the wagon has a 4.6 mod motor going into it with 5 speed manual trans..

Take a look at my web site midnightangelracing.com/forum and join the forum!!!!

Charlie

PS.. I love that red 63 Falcon Sprint.. had one of those, really miss it!!!!

Nice rides Mark. A buddy has a 63 falcon that goes 10.70's with a small block, naturally apirated and it is red. lol. He happens to work at Fox lake, one of the better head porting shops in the world.

You ever want to sell that Falcon, let me know. Seriously.

-Steve

Freakingstang said:
Nice rides Mark. A buddy has a 63 falcon that goes 10.70's with a small block, naturally apirated and it is red. lol. He happens to work at Fox lake, one of the better head porting shops in the world.

You ever want to sell that Falcon, let me know. Seriously.

-Steve
Steve,
You got first dibs,but don't hold your breath.Many times I have turned down ridiculously high offers,I think this one is here to stay.

Nice ride Mark, you did a nice job. I bought a '64 Fairlane sedan 17 years ago to make a Thunderbolt clone. I also will be painting it Maroon. I have a '71 429 CJ and a C-6 gathering dust so that will be the engine. I had to completely remove the front frame rails, inner fenders and everything else from the firewall forward to make room for the big block. I am building a complete 2x3 tube chassis but i don't want to go overboard in the wheel tubs i kinda want to keep the stock look....Bob

Bob Wright said:
Nice ride Mark, you did a nice job. I bought a '64 Fairlane sedan 17 years ago to make a Thunderbolt clone. I also will be painting it Maroon. I have a '71 429 CJ and a C-6 gathering dust so that will be the engine. I had to completely remove the front frame rails, inner fenders and everything else from the firewall forward to make room for the big block. I am building a complete 2x3 tube chassis but i don't want to go overboard in the wheel tubs i kinda want to keep the stock look....Bob

Thanks Bob, would like to see some in progress pics. Back in the Late 70's I sold a for real 429SCJ,stupid and young I guess! Crites makes a kit for the 385 series engine where you don't need to remove everything, I put the FE engine in mine with the Crites kit too. The tube frame is great. As far as tubbing it,I left all brackets in so I could hang a stock 9" w/springs right back in, though I doubght I would ever swap the goodies. Never liked the sedans before I got on the t-bolt kick. Glad to hear you are starting with a sedan rather than a hard top.

Mark

18 years ago i really didn't know there was a difference between the sedans and the hardtops, until i did some reading, saw some pics and saw a real TBolt close up. So i started looking for a sedan and found one 5 miles away in a field. The body is almost perfect from the firewall back. The front frame rails were repaired once thats why i chopped them. I started a yahoo group for the '64's but there isn't a lot around. I see TBolt clone hardtops sell on ebay for high 25 thousand but they have the wrong roof and body, wonder how the guy feels having the only thunderbolt clone that was never made.:hmm3grin2orange:
I will find some pics of what i have and post them...Bob
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/64ford-fairlane/

Latest posts

Back