64 years old TD14 dozer still pulling the Giant logs. Unbelievable......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Fordson was my grandfather's first tractor. Then he got a Titan or McCormick 10-20 I am not sure which. Next was a Ford 2N which is still around
Good oldies, there were many of them around the farms in this area. I donated mine to a small museum where its stored indoors. The company I worked for built a big museum where old equipment of all types are brought in and restored, stuff from steam trains, tractors, steam engines and all sorts of old/early diesel and gas engines. The first link did not work, this one seems to work, click on the image of the old train engine, it should open more pics,

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...4314161c93cf6f8!8m2!3d45.567922!4d-62.6575371

Good oldies, there were many of them around the farms in this area. I donated mine to a small museum where its stored indoors. The company I worked for built a big museum where old equipment of all types are brought in and restored, stuff from steam trains, tractors, steam engines and all sorts of old/early diesel and gas engines. The first link did not work, this one seems to work, click on the image of the old train engine, it should open more pics,

https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...4314161c93cf6f8!8m2!3d45.567922!4d-62.6575371
Very good info for the old machineries museum
Here is the museum video on YouTube I found for you.
Jkk

Several giant digger pine trees that I needed to cut down due to the tilt.
It could fall down very soon and be dangerous to our family.

I have had this dozer for more than 15 years and cleared my 80 acres property.
This is a 1958 International Harvester TD 14 142 Series. It is 64 years old and made in the USA.

This is probably my last mission with this dozer in my life.

Jkim13

Thats awesome man. I want a skid some day. Kinda just a baby dozer but way faster and with lots of different attachments. I took part in the demoing of the 2024 kubota svl-95 and that thing is a beast and has some awesome features.

By the time I log in to AS at night I am sitting on my butt I'm the easy chair away from my computer so I am on my phone. I am not smart enough to post links from the phone but when I can I will post some to Old Threshers and a machine shop that does Fordson castings

The one I see is a early one 1921 if I remember correctly. I was amazed at the amount of reproduction parts and aftermarket type parts available for it. Lots of old tractors down here but very few that old I know a guy with 6 or 7 steam traction engines though at least 1 of them was used to skid logs.
There was a Case steam traction engine on a farm near us, was used a good bit for threshing and firewood cut up on a tilt deck. Seen it hooked up to a rotary saw one time. It got bought and shipped up your way in the mid 60`s.

There was a Case steam traction engine on a farm near us, was used a good bit for threshing and firewood cut up on a tilt deck. Seen it hooked up to a rotary saw one time. It got bought and shipped up your way in the mid 60`s.
There’s a few down here seen one at an engine show last year they didn’t run it though biggish case. Thanks to a very inventive guy in New Zealand soon enough we may one day see steam hit the fields once again he made some sort of low emissions boiler system that can run on wood or bio mass(straw). Steam is great loads of torque.

For the last 49 years at least there has been a Case 120hp steam tractor at the Mt. Pleasant Iowa show. I believe it is owned by the association so I think it stays there. I know it has been there at least that long as it is in pictures from when I was a kid

I was around steam a fair bit, the mills and mines used them in remote areas where electricity was not available. My FIL ran the boiler at a large mill and I was often stoker/ fireman, steam is like a living thing with its sounds and needs constant attention. I met and became a friend with a steam engineer, locomotive and stationary, we would talk and share experiences for hours on end. He had a large collection of model locomotive and train cars , he wanted me to take the collection over just before his passing, I did not and been torn about it ever since.

By the time I log in to AS at night I am sitting on my butt I'm the easy chair away from my computer so I am on my phone. I am not smart enough to post links from the phone but when I can I will post some to Old Threshers and a machine shop that does Fordson castings
I too am castigated from the virtual world by my inept computer savvy. One of these days "MAYBE"

There is a 10-20 sitting in my co workers yard, it will never run again, just an ornament now.
It is sad how many of the ones ended up scrapped and sent to China just so they could sell us the steel back as cheap Chinese junk. If you ever saw the very first episode of American Pickers you would see a older gentleman in bib overalls named Danny Bean from Muscatine Iowa. He has since passed. He lived about 15 minutes from me. He spent his life buying d equipment and no matter what you saw on the show he never did them anything. The snow was all fake. I talked to Danny after they had been there and filmed another episode. I asked him what all he sold them. He yelled "I didn't sell them a g.d d..mm thing. Now that was a long story to not get to my point. My point is that in the mid to late 1990's Danny had a neighbor to hat was also a huge tractor collector he passed on and they sold his it's at auction. He had rows and rows of 10-20 and 15-30 parts tractors. Most were in very bad shape and went to the local scrapyard. It was sad to know they were all destined for the mill. Ash forward to a out 10 years ago my son's and I were at a sale of a small IH collector. He had some moderately restored tractors. One was a running McCormick 10-20. The tractor was running and only brought $1500. I wish I had bought it I will never see that again

Back