Finally want an electric sharpener.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might be Picking up a 2 year old used Oregon 410-120 for $125 today. Seems like a good deal?

New prices on it seem to be all over the place. seems like a decent grinder eh? Im mostly worried about the clamps consistency. If its not worth it ill hold off

Any opinions on the 410?

Iv seen it for sale for sub $300 to $360

Might be Picking up a 2 year old used Oregon 410-120 for $125 today. Seems like a good deal?

New prices on it seem to be all over the place. seems like a decent grinder eh? Im mostly worried about the clamps consistency. If its not worth it ill hold off

Any opinions on the 410?

A new 410 (230 V) here in the EU with next-day delivery costs about $174 excluding taxes.

Any opinions on it?
Unfortunately, I cannot comment here. User reviews, on the other hand, are generally very positive. The negative ones I have seen are, of course, complaints about the uneven length of the left and right teeth, which is typical for grinders without a sliding vise.

Any opinions on the 410?

Prices new seem to run around $220 for it. It's about the right cost for a good used one. Someone has one locally here that looks pretty much unused they were trying $125 and have dropped it to $90. My mistake with the flimsy HF cheapie initially was to think the stop would give even results left and right and it didn't come close. It has so much flex that I eventually started using the stop just to get it close to the tooth and flexed it away if it wanted to take too much or closer if it wasn't grinding at all. If it's a decent grinder that the wheel comes down on the same place every time, then it's important that the stop or vise can be adjusted in some way to ensure the teeth are done evenly side to side.

Back