660 needin more oil on the 36" bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasTreemonkey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey i got a 660 pulling a 36" bar. I got the oil turned all the way up and it still dont oil like i want it to (there is still over half a tank of oil per ever tank of gas). Maybe since the 36" is the biggest bar its suppose to run i could c that but what do people do if they put on a bigger bar? I know several people that run 44s on thier 660s. Can you drill that little hole out on the bar?

there should be less than a half tank left in the saw at fillup...Lakeside did a thread on here one time about upgrading to the HO pump that is on the full wrap saws...nothing too hard to do..i don't believe it was too expensive either

no no no....the full wraps come out of the factory with a HO oil pump..so if you have a half wrap and need more oil you need to upgrade to the HO pump

you can drill out the bar but you need to use a drillpress and lots of lube the bars are made of hardened steel you might need to grind the drill at 15 to 20 degrees less than normal. The guys who mill are the only ones I know of that do it.

you can drill out the bar but you need to use a drillpress and lots of lube the bars are made of hardened steel you might need to grind the drill at 15 to 20 degrees less than normal. The guys who mill are the only ones I know of that do it.

an end mill bit would work good to...since it is flat across the cutting face

Back