660 or 070 for milling?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
foeke

foeke

ArboristSite Operative
The cheapest one. They are both dependable in general.
Although I think the 660 might be more a bucking saw, than a general pupose beast.
The other thing swinging towards the 070 is you can upgrade the top end to a 090 if I believe.
Parts might be cheaper for a 660, and maintanance easier.
2 against 2 ; )

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Hunt4lumber

Hunt4lumber

ArboristSite Operative
I run a ported 660/ 36" cannon bar with Stihl picco chain for milling right now that works like butter in anything in the 30" range( I want a nice 880/090 for a 60" bar eventually!- when I find the right saw)

Hunt4lumber

Hunt4lumber

ArboristSite Operative
I run a ported 660/ 36" cannon bar with Stihl picco chain for milling right now that works like butter in anything in the 30" range( I want a nice 880/090 for a 60" bar eventually!- when I find the right saw)

Steve Austreng

Steve Austreng

Thanks for the info and opinions guys! I went with the 660 and purchased the big bore kit right away. I’ve got a few logs I can’t wait to mill laying in the snow. I’m looking at bars currently any recommendations? The cannon bars have my interest but a bit pricey.

pLuMcRaZy78

pLuMcRaZy78

ArboristSite Lurker
im not going to lie, i got the holzforma or however its spelt bar and chain when i got the g660 and im very impressed with it they claim the chains are made in germany and they are an exact replica of a stihl chain i got the bar and chain combo with the intention of switching to a stihl chain until i used it ive milled some maple and oak and it holds an edge as well as any other chain havent hit anythimg to see if it has the strength of a stihl stamped chain yet though, begining to think huztl had made some sort of deal with stihl they makeing to many different copies of a stihl for them not to habe put a stop to it.. and for the price of what they selling the chains n bars for unless i need something right now ill probably always order from them.

ML12

ArboristSite Guru
We run cannon superbars, a 36" and 60". They are solid, way better than a stihl bar. Just remember to dress them regularly and they will last a long time.

Latest posts