660 port smoothing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I have a ms 660. I rebuilt the the top end. New piston same cylinder. Still parts. The only thing I did was I smoothed all the ports. This saw runs at 12.8k. It just seems very zippy. Also out runs my bone stock 660. Dose smoothing the ports really make this much difference?

I have a ms 660. I rebuilt the the top end. New piston same cylinder. Still parts. The only thing I did was I smoothed all the ports. This saw runs at 12.8k. It just seems very zippy. Also out runs my bone stock 660. Dose smoothing the ports really make this much difference?

12.8 k in the cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remove the plug and insert a section of solder into the cylinder and smash it using the piston then measure thickness to get your approx squish on both saws. I have a feeling the zippy saw has around .030ish vs the non zippy having around .046ish. It can also be from carb settings being spot on vs set too rich.

remove the plug and insert a section of solder into the cylinder and smash it using the piston then measure thickness to get your approx squish on both saws. I have a feeling the zippy saw has around .030ish vs the non zippy having around .046ish. It can also be from carb settings being spot on vs set too rich.
They changed the squish on them ? I didn't lower anything

I did a lot of port smoothing on my up-juiced 50cc mopeds back in the days, the result was perhaps that it ran downhill slightly faster, not a power increase.
But I like the idea of how an engine works and if I can make it a little better I will.

Latest posts

Back