661C-M only rated to 32" ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl-Pioneer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was looking at the 2014 catalog and notice Stihl is only rating the 661 to 32" unless it's a misprint. It has .2hp more than the 660, but can't pull the same size bars? I wouldn't think so.

I see the 241C-M has finally made the lineup for us in the USA. It's about time!!

The biggest bar Stihl sells for small mount Stihl saws is 32" so why would they rate the saw for a bar that they don't sell?

The local shops carry 36" bars here. I think most are .050" which sucks but other than that they're on the shelf.

In that case, I need to find a different dealer to deal with.

They're normally equipped on the shelf with a 36"x.063x3/8" bar/chain setup at every Kansas stocking dealer I've been to. Occasionally you'll find a 28-32", but 36" is the standard. Mine was equipped that way and I had to buy a 25"(24" actually) to go with it. The saw and short bar burned up, but I still have the 36" bar. I'm saving it in case I ever get another 660, or a saw and adapter to make it work, as I think that I have 5-7 chains for it in good shape...

460/1's seem to be equipped with either 24" or 28" bars of 63x3/8" chain, UNLESS otherwise spec'd out... FWIW

Latest posts

Back