670 vs 930

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerWagon

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Picked up a beauty of a 930 a while back, been running it here and there along side my 670 champ.

I always figured it was one of the 930s that the transfers hadnt been opened up, it runs strong but more like a tractor than anything. The 670 runs STRONG compared to this 930. Definitely more of a screamer.

So i finally got around to pulling the cylinder and it already has been machined. Surprised me. Piston, rings, and bore are in near perfect condition.

Im not saying its weak but i thought it would be a bit more to handle than the ragged out 670.

Would like to hear others on how these saws compare.

Attachments

• FD0259C2-C5EB-4D9B-83C9-E7D5B6D35FED.jpeg
    FD0259C2-C5EB-4D9B-83C9-E7D5B6D35FED.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Picked up a beauty of a 930 a while back, been running it here and there along side my 670 champ.

I always figured it was one of the 930s that the transfers hadnt been opened up, it runs strong but more like a tractor than anything. The 670 runs STRONG compared to this 930. Definitely more of a screamer.

So i finally got around to pulling the cylinder and it already has been machined. Surprised me. Piston, rings, and bore are in near perfect condition.

Im not saying its weak but i thought it would be a bit more to handle than the ragged out 670.

Would like to hear others on how these saws compare.

930 is all about the torque! You can lean on that saw hard and it will laugh at you. 670 is an awesome saw, but not the torque monster the 930 is. What size bars are you running on them?

Yeah it is a torque monster for sure.

Ive got a 20” on the 670 and a 24” on the 930.

Gotta say i have more fun with the 670 though. The 930 may be a candidate for a good port job.

The 670 will pull a lot higher rpm’s. With a 24” bar on the 930 you can lean on it pretty hard and not even slow it gown. It would handle a 32” pretty easy.

Back