6800i New to me.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johncinco

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Picked up a very nice dolmar / makita 6800i. What a great runner. I searched and doesnt seem to be too many with one. Dang thing has hardly any use on it. I think the PO did not know how to adjust the oiler, it was cranked all the way down and may have just frustrated them enough to sell it off. Will do the muffler this weekend and try it again. I could almost stall it out on 20" dried elm, but not by much. I was looking for something more than the 52 and 54, but less than the 046. This fits in VERY nice. The guy shipped it to me with 1/2 cup of gas in it and the oil tank full, YIKES! I was surprised it got here when I saw that. Oils well that ends well I guess.

Anybody have experience with one?

The PS-6800i was a popular model for us back in '95-2000 or so. This was the newer version of the more popular 120Si. But when a customer uses a PS6400-7300-7900 they like the power, balance, and smoothness of the newer saws better.

Steve

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back