7.3 IDI fuel leak problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nilzlofgren

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is my '89 F Superduty fuel filter housing. Its a 7.3 IDI Navastar. The part inside the green circle leaks fuel when the truck is running. It looks like a primer of some sort, but I'm not sure. Can someone identify this part? Can I buy that part individually? Or, do I need the whole housing?
attachment.php

No problem, I've been fixing 7.3s since they were new and there probably isn't a part I haven't replaced at one time or another. The IDI motors are refreshingly simple after struggling with a powerstroke. I just replaced an engine wiring harness on a 6.0 powerstroke and man did that suck! A million sensors, 2 behind the turbo, one behind the A/C compressor and one behind the P/S pump. That was 4 hours of hell that paid really well.:cheers:

After doing some research, I found an International part# as well. The guy at International said that everybody just replaces that part with a brass plug and and some Teflon tape. He said that all the part does is trip an idiot light on the dash board.

Latest posts

Back