780 bucks for a 346? wtf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you get your passport, why don't you grab a crappy bar, cross the border, pick one up, put the crappy bar on it, rub some dirt and sawdust on it and take your used saw that you were just using at a friend's land back home with you?

'cause then i would have dirt on my saw:dizzy: and don't get me started on the 'old bar on my new saw' thing....
my luck, it would be the same guy on the way back, taking a second shift:)

have thought about it. but would rather give the cash to a respected buisiness around my way--if i could find one:)

Just don't look for a saw in Ogdensburg...not much there anymore!::cheers:

you know, i was going to go down to oswego to visit the old man and step mom (when the deceptive passport gets here), but after asking him to look around at the prices... lets just say you people are in for the same treatment we're getting from the dealers.
i'm not saying it's the dealers fault (far from it), however they need to step up and complain to their rep about the STUPID prices husky thinks they can demand. i'm sure husqvarna would only laugh and say 'hey, people are still buying at that price, why change it?
talking to one of the dealers around this area, all he's sold in the past 8 months was a 235 and 455. he's also thinking of dropping the husky line all together. it takes up to much floor and shelf space:) his echo echo stuff is selling like hot cakes, as is the cub cadet stuff. just can't sell the husqvarna products as they are to expensive 'round here.

I should have looked before I said anything. It was there yesterday but is now gone. Sorry.
Think it had a 'buy-it-now'. If I remember right, it was a little over $500 and new.

haha, thats funny im pretty sure i bought that same saw yesterday....it is my first husky...ive always been a stihl man but i was looking for a ms260 but some of the comparison videos on youtube changed my mind to pick up a 346xp and when i saw it at that price i jumped on it...it was 489 canadian, no tax, no shipping or duty...here in ontario my dealer did want 780 + tax, thats is like 200 more then the ms260 and at that price i saved almost 400 bucks...and yes it is BRAND NEW still in the box...never had gas in it so it was a GREAT deal IMO...i ran it today and i am sooooo happy u guys have no idea, im gonna use it to climb, branch, drop smaller trees, well almost everything, i ditched the h30 chain and lam bar for a oregon power match plus bar(15") with a loop of oregon 21lpx...i cant wait to break it in and get into the real power but its already stronger then the ms270 i was climbing with before.....:)

..... i ditched the h30 chain and lam bar for a oregon power match plus bar(15") with a loop of oregon 21lpx...i cant wait to break it in and get into the real power but its already stronger then the ms270 i was climbing with before.....:)

The 95VP/H30 is not a good option on that saw, but LP/LPX sure is! :agree2:

I am no fan of the PM bars on a saw that light though, the lighter laminated Husky bars are a better choise, on such a light power-head, imo - even though they may have to be replaced more often,

haha, thats funny im pretty sure i bought that same saw yesterday....it is my first husky...ive always been a stihl man but i was looking for a ms260 but some of the comparison videos on youtube changed my mind to pick up a 346xp and when i saw it at that price i jumped on it...it was 489 canadian, no tax, no shipping or duty...here in ontario my dealer did want 780 + tax, thats is like 200 more then the ms260 and at that price i saved almost 400 bucks...and yes it is BRAND NEW still in the box...never had gas in it so it was a GREAT deal IMO...i ran it today and i am sooooo happy u guys have no idea, im gonna use it to climb, branch, drop smaller trees, well almost everything, i ditched the h30 chain and lam bar for a oregon power match plus bar(15") with a loop of oregon 21lpx...i cant wait to break it in and get into the real power but its already stronger then the ms270 i was climbing with before.....:)

Must have been the same saw, was the only 346 on there, and a great price for Canada. Enjoy!

You can get a new one, ported, with an unlimited coil, from the States, for less than that.

the guy i got from said he paid 150 bucks of shipping, duty and taxes by the time it got to his house...he told me it cost him around 700 in total to get it to canada...i drove 1 hour to his place and didnt pay any of that...he was a amateur user that bought it to clear a lot of his but ended up selling the lot so his wife told him to sell the saw, so i jumped on the deal...imo i did pretty good all things considered....the only fault is it has the cat muffler but since i use it for climbing i might just change the muffler to a non cat and keep it stock...our terrible canadian prices were my biggest consideration on my purchase....

so u guys know....
ms200t
ms270
ms361 winter
ms460
and now 346xp..:)

Last edited:

I am no fan of the PM bars on a saw that light though, the lighter laminated Husky bars are a better choise, on such a light power-head, imo - even though they may have to be replaced more often,

Right, the laminated Husky bars are light and tough, my org 16" bar went through 3 or 4 chains and well over 100 cords of wood, and it's still good. I also believe it's a bit lighter than the Sugi Hara I just got.

thx for the input SawTroll....i will use the Oregon PM bar for now cus i traded in the Husky Lam bar and chain...but maybe will go back to the bar when this one is finished...:)....what chain do u recommend with the husky lam small kerf bar???

Cheers
Chris

thx for the input SawTroll....i will use the Oregon PM bar for now cus i traded in the Husky Lam bar and chain...but maybe will go back to the bar when this one is finished...:)....what chain do u recommend with the husky lam small kerf bar???

Cheers
Chris

I recommend the standard kerf version (always .058) of the same basic design, not the narrow kerf one. The best chain I have tried on it is 21LP - I prefer it slightly to the 25RSC.

That is in my wood, your wood may differ!

Last edited:
I recommend the standard kerf version (always .058) of the same basic design, not the narrow kerf one. The best chain I have tried on it is 21LP - I prefer it slightly to the 25RSC.

That is in my wood, your wood may differ!

thx again...i will try take setup next time...do think is it REALLY necessary to change out the cat muffler??? if so best place to get 1??

thx chris

Yes, really! :givebeer:

lol....thx again, im currently in the process of trying to find 1 at my local dealers and alot them are telling me husky doesnt ship them out here anymore only the new cat eco friendly ones...:(...anyways im gonna keep trying, i really dont want to order from the states and deal with all the shipping, duty BS

Cheers

:D

lol....thx again, im currently in the process of trying to find 1 at my local dealers and alot them are telling me husky doesnt ship them out here anymore only the new cat eco friendly ones...:(...anyways im gonna keep trying, i really dont want to order from the states and deal with all the shipping, duty BS

Cheers

:D

I can order you a non cat muffler (directly from husqvarna) and am an hour outside of Ottawa, pm me and let me know

Your dealer can order you a non cat DF muffler no problem part no 544 02 83-01

Back