780 bucks for a 346? wtf?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know perfectly well that isn't true! :censored:

It was good in the 1980s, but that is a long time ago! :greenchainsaw:

agreed an 026 is a completely different saw then an MS260, and doesn't even come close to matching a 346XP let alone an 353! But hey buy one now and you get yourself a free case, loop of chain, Stihl hat, and a DVD........WOW!!! Buy a 353 for an extra an extra $50 dollars here in Canada and dont look back.

I have an 026 I love it, but its no where near an MS260, i think at times they just mislabelled them and inserted a 6 intsead of a 9.

agreed an 026 is a completely different saw then an MS260, and doesn't even come close to matching a 346XP let alone an 353! But hey buy one now and you get yourself a free case, loop of chain, Stihl hat, and a DVD........WOW!!! Buy a 353 for an extra an extra $50 dollars here in Canada and dont look back.

I have an 026 I love it, but its no where near an MS260, i think at times they just mislabelled them and inserted a 6 intsead of a 9.

Both my 026 s will cut with or out cut my 260 pro, I like the 026 better.

:agree2: I just sold my 346, and got another 026! 346 is worth 350 max to me brand new, no better that a 445. Not near as dependable as the 026, we had a 260, 026, 346 on the bucket truck, the 346 just sat there so its gone!

You won't beat the build quality of the 026/260. One that has been ported right is just perfect for limbs. Light, very powerful and soooo easy to use. The 346 and 5100 are nice too but I'll take the Stihl any day.:cheers: I'm really wanting to get my hands on a 261!!:chainsaw:

You know perfectly well that isn't true! :censored:

It was good in the 1980s, but that is a long time ago! :greenchainsaw:

Stihl good to this day, just depends on what you prefer. I have ran some quick 346s also. Stock they have a little more power but also weigh more. Now that the 260 will be RIP, light 50cc saws will be a past time. The 261 is right on par with the 346 and 5100s when it comes to weight. It seems to have more power though, which I can live with.:D

You won't beat the build quality of the 026/260. One that has been ported right is just perfect for limbs. Light, very powerful and soooo easy to use. The 346 and 5100 are nice too but I'll take the Stihl any day.:cheers: I'm really wanting to get my hands on a 261!!:chainsaw:

Agreed, I am 026 believer, I had a 5100 lots of power but not as nice to handle, 346 yes its got more power too, but for what I use a 50cc saw for ,limbing , you never notice the difference. My 346 was temperamental, my 026 fell off the flat bed and rolled across the street, started right up no breaks, that sold me on them!

026 is hands down the easiest on my back!

I like the ms260, almost bought one a couple months ago.
But I'll stick with my old 346xp.......and get a another one soon :cheers:

You guys must be smokin something :dizzy:

Agreed, I am 026 believer, I had a 5100 lots of power but not as nice to handle, 346 yes its got more power too, but for what I use a 50cc saw for ,limbing , you never notice the difference. My 346 was temperamental, my 026 fell off the flat bed and rolled across the street, started right up no breaks, that sold me on them!

026 is hands down the easiest on my back!

I just never fell for the 346 hype. Great saw just as the 361 but neither one will bring you breakfast in bed. To hear Troll tell it, you get breakfast and a happy ending, LOL.:dizzy: I have a 361 also.:D

I just never fell for the 346 hype. Great saw just as the 361 but neither one will bring you breakfast in bed. To hear Troll tell it, you get breakfast and a happy ending, LOL.:dizzy: I have a 361 also.:D

:cheers: Well I fell for the hype for a minute, just as I did with the 372!
They have both come and gone and wont be missed! LOL

I like the ms260, almost bought one a couple months ago.
But I'll stick with my old 346xp.......and get a another one soon :cheers:

You guys must be smokin something :dizzy:

Your old 346 is much more of a limber than the NE346. A little less power than the 260 but a nice saw too. Bring that 346 on down to NC and I'll show ya some :smoking:, some of the Orange and White flavors.;)

If you were in the US, the 260 would be worse than the 026 - they added a cc+, strangled the muffler, and the result was .3hp less, according to Stihl....:)

Before that, they used a carb that had a fixed top-end! :jawdrop:

Yeah, the 372 never was anywhere close to a 440 imo. Great saws though. I might take a 372 race saw, if it was given to me.:D

Well, in the ol' days on here, the 372xp was compared to the MS460 for cutting, and the 440 always was an "also-ran", that wasn't really considered competetive.....

Modded saws can always change the picture, as always!

Your old 346 is much more of a limber than the NE346. A little less power than the 260 but a nice saw too. Bring that 346 on down to NC and I'll show ya some :smoking:, some of the Orange and White flavors.;)

And I've been cuttin limbs up to 20" dia for 9 years with it... lol :D

I'm not knockin the 260, I like them. Just like the 346 MO better...

If you were in the US, the 260 would be worse than the 026 - they added a cc+, strangled the muffler, and the result was .3hp less, according to Stihl....:)

Before that, they used a carb that had a fixed top-end! :jawdrop:

Sounds about like a cat 346 that could not pull a g-string out of a cat's azz eh?:laugh:

Well, in the ol' days on here, the 372xp was compared to the MS460 for cutting, and the 440 always was an "also-ran", that wasn't really considered competetive.....

Modded saws can always change the picture, as always!

That is not what AS said in the last poll, the 440 was prefered and for a good reason.:bowdown:

Latest posts

Back