8 tooth sprocket, dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volks-man

Arboristsite.com Spooner
Reaction score
i popped the 8 tooth stihl sprocket i had on to my 7900 last night.
i am running a sugihara 20" sv mount and 3/8 .50 stihl rsc.
when i tried to install the cover the rubber chip deflector hit the chain at the rear of the sprocket. turning the chain a little placed the cutters so that i could install the cover but not turn the chain more than a 1/2 inch or so.
so i let the teeth mark the rubber deflector then cut out the portion of rubber in the way with a razor.

is this standard practice when adding an 8 pin to the 7900?

Put it on, rev it up, case closed:)

:)

i already put it on the saw.
the deflector needed clearancing of about 3/16 - 1/4 inch deep by nearly the entire width of the chain. i doubt it would have simply revved through the obstruction as there was almost no run up room for the chain.

i am not worried. merely curious if this is the norm.

Eight pin rim fit on my 7900 with no problems, are you sure the chain is seated all the way in the rim??

Either let the chain tear the flap or nip it out with a blade or dykes. Its not a issue it is the norm but no big deal.

Scott

Ran an 8 pin on mine with an 18" Sugihara at the GTG a few weeks ago, no problems here either, boy did it rip!!!

:cheers:
Mike

Naaaah. . .

there is nothing I could do or say now to get me banned that i havent allready done or said.

I have been taken out of my shop class and questioned by Law officials, cause of AR..

no kidding..

I have toned it down since then:)

Back