$80 craiglist 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here we go 5 digits, older 026 s# 22682 old style vent, newer 026 pro (shelf queen) 24314 new style vent. the filter covers are a little different and as I mentioned earlier the pro was purchased 9/99 as I have the original bos.

A side note to this subject is to keep s#'s documented for insurance and law enforcement. I had a break-in several years ago and my insurance company was reasonable and I got a generous settlement but 1 item I found on craigslist about 3 months later I wanted to recover and although I could ID it and my son ID'd it and even the seller admitted he bought it from a shady character the detective wouldn't get it back for me because I didn't have the serial#.

Let me reprieve myself of a shady purchase on this saw as the original poster. It was a fair purchase. So far this saw runs like a raped aped after being cleaned up.
It has a constant oiler which tends to make a mess of things unless i"m going through material. It wants to leak gas out of the tank vent, (I hope someone has an easy fix on this issue... please) It is an ooooold 026 that runs perfect for me but I'm looking for the remedy of the filter cover not latching right.
Cheers fellas!!!

Let me reprieve myself of a shady purchase on this saw as the original poster. It was a fair purchase. So far this saw runs like a raped aped after being cleaned up.
It has a constant oiler which tends to make a mess of things unless i"m going through material. It wants to leak gas out of the tank vent, (I hope someone has an easy fix on this issue... please) It is an ooooold 026 that runs perfect for me but I'm looking for the remedy of the filter cover not latching right.
Cheers fellas!!!

If your cover has the round black knob that rotates a camed button type latch that holds the cover on by slipping in under the two screw heads that hold the air filter in place. That nylon camed shaped button often gets worn out and will only engage under one screw head or the other. To get the latch to hold the black knob must be pushed in and turned clockwise 1/4 turn but first make sure the latch is in the vertical position before pushing the filter cover down in place, these latches often get destroyed due to the nature of them being ground,beaten and mishandled by those that do not understand how they work. One of the many wear n tear items I replace often on this model of saw.

Latest posts

Back