900G Homelite photographs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9-26logger.jpg

ScannedImage-24.jpg

ScannedImage-23.jpg

pwrup.jpg

990.jpg

Randy,

That 900G of mine came with a wore out 9/16 full chisel 36" loop. Once I remove a link and sharpen, it'll still be a viable chain. It won't fit on my Silvey, though. The 9/16 sure changes the scale of things. That 36" bar doesn't seem at all like 3 foot with that giant chain wrapped around it.

Chris B.

Chris, I should have a repair link for your chain here.

one thing about the 9/16 is it requires a hard to find 9/32 file .

when they are wore down a 1/4 will work.

here is my 990g with the 60" General bar and 9/16 chain

kbhandle018.jpg

kbhandle018.jpg

That's a nice saw you got there Ric...Kinda reminds me of Barbie's! :ices_rofl:

kbhandle018.jpg

Does it have the 2.8 or 3.5 to 1 gear reduction?

And to think I passed on a running, excellent condition 770g on eBay that sold for $108.00. :(

The 770G is a nice saw, BUT nothing like the
900 series or your 9-26. These biguns love wood
and if you haven't run one yet, you will be in for
a bit of a surprize.

Lee

Ric,

9/16 repair links are one thing I do have. Motivation is another story. I hate breaking chain.

When are you sending that 990G my way?

If I ever get to a scanner, I have a sales brochure for 1960 covering the entire Homelite line from the 900G to the 500. Also, has the prices as weekly payments. If only we could go back and get these saws at those prices, but then we wouldn't care about them.

Chris B.

Problem with this IPL is, it doesn't cover all of the original stuff. There are no part numbers for the big muffler, and makes no mention of the old handlebar. If you do happen to run across the part# for the guard, could you post it here?

Chris B.

The part number for the muffler guard on the 9-23 and 9-26 is 56582. The muffler body is 56164-A and the back plate or adapter is 56163-A.

Dan

Thought I'd add to the 900G collection on this thread. I've had this brochure for some time. It covers the entire Homelite line from 1960, starting with the bad-a$$ 900G. Check out the saw the logger is using on the cover page. And I think the guy running the ZIP is going to end up with the bar up his nose if he isn't careful.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thought I'd add to the 900G collection on this thread. I've had this brochure for some time. It covers the entire Homelite line from 1960, starting with the bad-a$$ 900G. Check out the saw the logger is using on the cover page. And I think the guy running the ZIP is going to end up with the bar up his nose if he isn't careful.

Chris B.

............ View pics Chris posted earlier, no need to slow the load>>>>>>>>

Hello Chris,

I assume that came with the saw out of Michigan. I am glad a good guy got it. :) Too bad the 3rd party was a scrounge:censored:

Bill

Chris B.

............ View pics Chris posted earlier, no need to slow the load>>>>>>>>

Hello Chris,

I assume that came with the saw out of Michigan. I am glad a good guy got it. :) Too bad the 3rd party was a scrounge:censored:

Bill

No Bill, I got the brochure separately.

Chris B.

Latest posts

Back