900G Homelite photographs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got one for you. Strapped on the ol' 60 incher to the 900G and laid it to a log yesterday. Big long noodling cut. I was pulling up with both hands, couldn't get the saw to slow down-only got the engine to lean out and stop burbling. Very impressive.

Here's a couple of shots for the 900G thread.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

For the final touch, I will soon have enough parts to install the correct muffler for this saw. I only need the recoil cover to make it complete....just like 99% of all Homelite owners.

One thing I would love to find is one of those aftermarket spikes with the bottom spike extending below the saw. Mine used to be that way long before I bought it, but somebody lopped it off. Homelite sure didn't give much thought to large spikes for this series.

Chris B.

attachment.php

Sweet saw Chris, looks great wearing
the 60 incher. These saws are awsome
to run. I was noodleing with mine and
couldn't stall it either. The motor just came
on peak and kept pulling.

Lee

Absolutely! They sit well with a big bar to boot, and have the power to run them as well. It is great to hear about the exploits of other members who have run these 900's in the big timber of yesteryear. My first 900G is very close to arriving, so will post a thread on its restoration - piece by piece when I can get to it. Haven't had a chance to scratch lately with the turbine game occupying all of my time.

Getting hold of the saw and seeing what is required will be the fun part. I think I have most of the required bits and pieces - getting hold of some NOS chain is always interesting.

Regards,

Chris.

The heavy sawchain can be expensive, when found, with luck, your's will use the 1/2" instead of 9/16".
Homelite did a great job with this series, lots of power, good oilers, big fuel and oil tanks and they were comfortable to run for long periods. Can't go wrong with the red and green.

The heavy sawchain can be expensive, when found, with luck, your's will use the 1/2" instead of 9/16".
Homelite did a great job with this series, lots of power, good oilers, big fuel and oil tanks and they were comfortable to run for long periods. Can't go wrong with the red and green.

I always enjoy your experienced input Randy - second to none in the way of operational experience with the big saws. I am looking forward to more of your stories in the future.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Randy,

That 900G of mine came with a wore out 9/16 full chisel 36" loop. Once I remove a link and sharpen, it'll still be a viable chain. It won't fit on my Silvey, though. The 9/16 sure changes the scale of things. That 36" bar doesn't seem at all like 3 foot with that giant chain wrapped around it.

Chris B.

Man I would love to have one of these big gear drive Homies!!!! They are practically non existent around my area. They just look awesome:clap: and sound very cool!!

Nice saw, will clean up nice, albeit a bit short on paint. I agree with Lee, you need to find the right adjuster. Good thing is, pretty much every gear drive Homey that uses that bar mount also shares that adjuster. Should be easy enough to find.

Your saw is confirming for me that these mufflers didn't use a spark arrestor--just a front section, rear section, and deflector. And, I believe they are all supposed to have a red hood that bolts to 2 lugs at the top of the front muffler section. Without it, your hand would be exposed to radiant heat from the muffler body.

Chris B.

Nice 9-26, Where did you find her.
You need to get the correct bar adjuster.

Congrats

Lee

Holy Cow!!

Here is an almost all original (slap!), 9-26 I received....

I bought it from a fellow in British Columbia, around Vancouver. I posted that pic on this thread so the muffler could be seen.

What are you talking about

Slap.

Lee

:greenchainsaw: There are more than enough photos around of the 900 series saws I should have spotted the adjuster right away. ;) As in, "slap myself upside my head".

And I missed the guard for the muff too. Jeez. But on a good note I did find an IPL covering the 9-26, 23 an 900 series, so now I won't be totally in the dark. I can eyeball the parts listing before I post. :)

The bar adjuster shouldn't be a problem to find.
But the muffler cover might be a problem. Most
of the 9-23 and 9-26 saws i have seen are missing it.

Good luck

Lee

Latest posts

Back