9010Dolmar vs 2100 Huskie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

General Fart Around
Reaction score
I almost hate to ask this question, but, I have been a huskie fan forever, (raised on 2100's) in fact running 2100's to this day, but looking at the dolmar prices I am seriously swayed towards the new dolmar 9010, anyone who has run both, the huskie 2100 and the dolmar 9010, I need help here. Thanx in advance

the 2100 is a better saw for horsepower, the 9010 is a good saw has lots of torque but is heavy but would make a good saw as far as for milling with or stumping but if to carry I would sooner carry a 7900 than the 9010 and unless you are going to be running alot longer bar the 7900 would still be my choice

Do you have the HP specs for a 2100? I'm looking at one to turn into a stump saw.

the 2100 has not been may for quite a few years now and are hard to get parts for around here, the 395 will work

I would stick with the 2100. But if I could get a punched out 395 I would go with it.

Rick

MOE said:
Do you have the HP specs for a 2100? I'm looking at one to turn into a stump saw.
Cant remember the site address, but saw somewhere a while back it was rated at 6.7hp
And thanx for the responses everyone

I could make arrangements to send you my Demo PS-9010. It only has about 6-7 tanks of fuel through it. If you like it I'll sell you that one, if not you can send it back.
The reason I will send a demo out is I don't believe anyone on AS owns one.
Steve

ehp said:
Both Jokers and Hunter have 9010's

I have the Solo 694 which is the same saw. I like the saw, decent torque and speed once the muffler is opened up.

attachment.php

Last edited:

madmax said:
Cant remember the site address, but saw somewhere a while back it was rated at 6.7hp
That is correct.

The MS660 has more hp than either the 2100, 9010 or 694, and less weight.

i saw a solo 694 with 28" bar on a website advertised for 699.00 that seems cheaper than ms660. what can you get a 660 for.

I have the makita version. I really should use it more, but its got a 36"+ bar on it and I hate swinging that beast around. Maybe I'll get a 20" and put it to work. I was offering to sell it awhile back and got no interest, so I sold my 066 and bought 2 other small saws instead, and had money left over!

Latest posts

Back