'92' F250 4x4; What to do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E40d has less than $200 in parts in it, might look into tech school rebuild or new one from summit for same $. First I would make sure the guy that serviced it put the screen in right, if it wasn't seated right it could have fallen down and now it is sucking air. For 20 minutes on your back to drop the pan, I would start there.

E40d has less than $200 in parts in it, might look into tech school rebuild or new one from summit for same $. First I would make sure the guy that serviced it put the screen in right, if it wasn't seated right it could have fallen down and now it is sucking air. For 20 minutes on your back to drop the pan, I would start there.

What is so expensive then? These two businesses were the low ones.
It comes with a 2 yr warrantee.

There is a difference I noted. You mentioned A4OD which costs less than a A4ODE like mine.

Even a TCI performance kit is only $311, I'd still check the filter/screen deal. Issue is it probably was not put in right when you had it serviced and slipped down, I would not go any further till I had the pan dropped and verified it's placement, based on the time you had it serviced and now is about right if it was not put in right.

Even a TCI performance kit is only $311, I'd still check the filter/screen deal. Issue is it probably was not put in right when you had it serviced and slipped down, I would not go any further till I had the pan dropped and verified it's placement, based on the time you had it serviced and now is about right if it was not put in right.

Walt; it's quite obivious I don't have the automotive skills and knowledge you have, becaues I'd been right in there as you've stated.
For that reason I have to rely on their integrity to treat me in a professional manner. If they find a simple remedy, and hide it from me, they have the same Judge as I have to reckon with one day.

I'm not saying they are out to pull one over on you, in fact most shops are honest...it's the laziness factor that sometimes gets confused with dishonesty. I think it is worth you calling the shop and just telling them that you would like to be there when the pan is dropped, usually everything you want to know is right there, on a fried tranny there will be bits of clutch material and on really bad grenades even metal shavings. I just can't shake the feeling that this is not a major problem but a simple one like the filter being loose or simply lost fluid.

What I didn't mention on that fateful day was all the chattering coming from truck, and that loud harmonic hum returned at 55mph. So loud you couldn't hear to think. I was glad I made it home.

Might just be a torque converter, they should still be able to sort it out when the pan is removed.

Picked up my truck from the Transmission shop. I'm glad to get it back home. Got some hauling to do shortly.

Back