• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 925 series homelite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChainsawmanXX

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Let me know what you have. A full wrap handle would be preferred, running or not. I have moldy green paper or stuff to trade.

Well I went out to fill the boiler and see what was on the shelves. I found a 955 (or AV variant) and a 925. Both are standard handles. There are probably more in the other buildings but at 5 degrees I am not going to go searching via flashlight tonight. I am going to try to post pictures but THEY ARE DIRTY from sitting on the shelves for a good number of years

Ebay prices are close to the same as Bill, so those prices are pretty much the average going rate. Pretty cheap for a well made saw that will pull a 28" bar buried in oak very well and would likely do the same with a 32". Cheaper than most 82cc Mac's anyway.

Pictures of my 925, compression is pushing 170 pounds. Saw has not been cleaned up, this is how it was sitting on the shelf. By the way, this saw was built in Canada rather than in Port Arthur.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Will someone tell us the longer story of the big homelites? Who used them? What parts of the country? What replaced them? Do they have special virtues or downfalls? I have heard they are troublesome in hot weather.

Latest posts

Back