9523 003 4275 vs. 9523 003 4278 bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the 4275 bearing is on backorder and stihl list it for 044/440 thence it is not top priority for stihl. the east coast does not have it nor germany according to Stihl southwest. I had a member reach out to me with a 4278 bearing which I have this one on hand. The member said it would work. Any more confirmation?

4278 is for 441 461
dimensions are same. Maybe one metal cage bearing and other polymer?
I installed it and the lip must be a little longer because when it rested against oil pump it was not quite flush inside. removed it and will wait till I find the 4275

Have you tried the industrial bearing supply houses like AIT, Motion, or whoever may be in your area? Those people were always incredibly patient and resourceful on my antique tractor parts. They would pick up the mics, cross reference the numbers and do majic.

Have you tried the industrial bearing supply houses like AIT, Motion, or whoever may be in your area? Those people were always incredibly patient and resourceful on my antique tractor parts. They would pick up the mics, cross reference the numbers and do majic.
will try monday

Propitiatory bearing, the bearing supply houses will not touch them, tried that with every supply house I could reach.
I will add that the AM bearings, likely Chinese manufacture don`t care one bit about Stihl`s propitiatory bearing claim.

Propitiatory bearing, the bearing supply houses will not touch them, tried that with every supply house I could reach.
I will add that the AM bearings, likely Chinese manufacture don`t care one bit about Stihl`s propitiatory bearing claim.
Yes sir. Just trying to be kind to his reply. note! I did look up number on bearing and found supplier in France that handles the NTN 2TS-3A-SXO2A1OCS29 bearing. Shipping killed that idea.

Yes sir. Just trying to be kind to his reply. note! I did look up number on bearing and found supplier in France that handles the NTN 2TS-3A-SXO2A1OCS29 bearing.
The bearings are out there, my supplier here could find them but can`t dare to sell them to the public as Stihl can sue anyone over here doing so, the Chinese just thumb their noses at that.

Wow, obviously I stepped in over my head again. You guys have already chased down many rabbit holes. I would suggest that most of the supply houses are regional chains and probably don't make their inventory public due to competition. Over 50 years of buying parts to fix my junk stuff the bearing supply people have consistently been the most patient knowleadgeable and resourceful people I have ever met. A phone call or face to face to face might surprise you. If you have already done this excuse my ignorance, just trying to help.

Back