99 cents per cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxygen

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ad seemed too good to be true. Husgvarna (yes with a g) 61, excellent condition, $60. I called anyway. I expected a beat up saw that I might be able to convert into a 272xp. Its one of the cleanest saws I have ever seen in person for its age. Very, very little use. Here is what it looked like after 20 minutes of cleaning up and putting a different bar on it. Starts and idles beautifully. Paid $60. I needed some diversity in my all 60-70 cc husky lineup. The diversity is that it isn't XP. View attachment 301298View attachment 301299View attachment 301300View attachment 301301View attachment 301302

[QUOTE

Nice score. Why can't I ever find anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Well, this week I saw Norm Abram on the street and got a photo with him :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:, got my truck back that was stolen 2 weeks ago, (mostly unblemished), picked up this saw, and next week I am taking the first vacation I have had in two years. I guess I was due for a good score!

Boy, that is one nice saw(you suck). Absolutely perfect( You Suck). Really nice looking(YOU SUCK). Oh, and did I mention you suck? I'm going back to the shop now!

I keep looking for a bargain 61 because my dad loved his white top 61 he bought new. He cut A LOT of wood with it. Firewood and fence lines in the late fall, winter, and early spring. Then clearing backcountry trails in Yellowstone throughout the summer. It even had some tanks of 40:1 mix of coleman lantern gas run through it. It's the saw I started with. I've seen a couple 61s but both were $150+. I did see one for 100 obo last winter and should have begged a few friends to borrow the $$$ (was very short on cash at that time). Ideally I'd find a good condition one that 'needs' a 272 swap :msp_biggrin: so dad will think it has the power he remembers his old 61 as having.

Anyway, you suck and have fun with it!

You suck.

I didn't see that one on CL. Guess I'm going to have to add husgvarna to my auto searches.

[QUOTE

Nice score. Why can't I ever find anything like that.

Well, this week I saw Norm Abram on the street and got a photo with him :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:, got my truck back that was stolen 2 weeks ago, (mostly unblemished), picked up this saw, and next week I am taking the first vacation I have had in two years. I guess I was due for a good score![/QUOTE]

did you get a chance, to cut off the fingers of the truck thieves???

[/QUOTE]

did you get a chance, to cut off the fingers of the truck thieves???[/QUOTE]

As much as I'd like to, I have enough things to harbor resentment towards already. :bang: I've been doing really well letting this one go and I'm trying to keep it that way.

Anyway, I ran it in some pine last night. Its definitely no XP but certainly would make a nice pile of firewood for someone. I was thinking I would give this one to my brother in law because it was cheap and he needed a decent starter saw. I am rethinking this one, because its so clean. I think I will keep it and not use it much or get it to someone who really "collects" saws so they could appreciate. I like runners in good semi-worn condition. I'd feel bad making any marks on this one. What I really need is a strong running 50ish cc saw. With all the other saws I already have in this size and weight, this one is the weakest link for sure.

I'll post the serial number later so we can find out what year its from.

SN: 5383179 What year?

Last edited:
For several years, the jonsered 625,very similar to the 61 was my big saw. They are a very good firewood saw. What jonsered is that in the family picture?

Johnny is a 2050. That was the first saw I ever used as a kid. Believe it or not, it was my mom's saw.:msp_w00t: She had a landscaping company when I was a kid. I remember her cutting up tree length firewood in the driveway with it when I was about 10 years old.. She was a single mom and did what she had to do. No bullspit type of lady. Its very powerful for a 50 cc saw.

year?

Can someone help me out with the year of the saw with the following serial number: 5383179
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back