70.7 cc a Harmonic Miracle?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are words here I recognize, arranged in more-or-less reasonable sentence structure, but when I read it it means nothing.

Oh, it's so nice to know the 404 diesel in my 4020 is EMP safe, not sure about a modern rev limited CS though. I think a lean runnin EPA saw with a dirty air filter is more of a worry than the harmonic failure factor. The 084 has such a strong connecting rod it can create hormonic problems for the crankshaft at high rpms.

You are zeroing in on it, my friend. That is what this thread is about; Making intelligent disscussion about why machines fail and why they don't. I think my MS660 Magnum also has hormones. My crankshaft has caused my hormonic problems, too. But not so much since my early thirties.

More rep.

Thank MechanicMatt for throwing some more reputation my way on this thread. Snap-On rules, Brother. And so does Stihl and Dodge. Just ask Timbersports.
Have you guys ever seen Edison's demonstration of the hazards of AC power by electrocuting elephants in Central Park? By the way, I'm an electrician. And I play guitar. Both are influenced and affected by vibration and frequency and harmonics. So are you and I. So are machines. The closer you can dial it in the smoother it runs. What kind of engineer is the guy with his cat looking in a mirror? Does he drive a choo choo train? Tell that #####cat to reflect on that. Have you heard of the Richter Scale?

Last edited:
Tesla was concentrating on electricity and not humor. That is why we have AC current. Edison wanted DC for house use and it would not transmit over the lines well. He made a passable phonograph though.

Edison said that about humor when he stiffed Tesla for $50,000 over a business deal--Tesla did much of the work, then, "adios Southpaw."

Back