99% sure my dealer sent me the oiler for a ms 660.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontbthatguy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was upgrading my saw to the high output oiler Part #1122 640 3201. That is what it said on the bag when stihl sent my dealer the part.

When I took it out of the bag, the part# stamped on the oiler is 1122 647 0462.

Also the part number on the one on my saw is the same, 1122 647 0462.

The strange thing is one says 1.3 and the other says 1.4 right by where the oil pump meets the oil tank pickup.

Pictures here- http://imgur.com/a/kqtUA

Anyone know why the different numbers? Are they slightly different parts? I am right in thinking that the pump I want should have 1122 640 3201.

These are probably silly questions but I am a noob trying to learn a thing or two. I don't want to go back to the dealer with my pitch fork ready only to find out the 1.4 version of the pump is what I ordered and I am the one wrong.

Thanks in advance!

PS All the issues I have been having with this saw, I found a crushed gasket that was probably responsible for my bar oil leak. Hopefully with it replaced oil will stop leaking into the clutch drum.

Than that's the HO oiler you have.
The housings are the same.
Only thing different is the control bolt & piston pump.

Any idea on how the look? I was staring at them for a while and i guess what you would call the impellers or gears of the pump looked identical to me. Either way I installed it and will see how well it oils tomorrow.

You can't tell by looking at the worm gear inside the pump. It's the parts you can't see that set them apart.
If you wanted to, you could drive out the tiny roll pin and then proceed to investigate

Any idea on how the look? I was staring at them for a while and i guess what you would call the impellers or gears of the pump looked identical to me. Either way I installed it and will see how well it oils tomorrow.

Part 2 of Andys old thread:

Lakeside53 Stihl Wrenching
Back to part 1: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=31559

O.K., we've cleaned, inspected everything and are ready to disassemble the oil pump, and insert the new piston and control screw. These parts are from the high output oil pump as used on the Australian 066 models. Parts cost is about $39 (list), or, you can just put in a new pump for $68 and sell the old one.

New Control bolt - 1128 647 4802
New Piston - 1122 647 0602

These are the two parts being replaced.

attachment.php

Look carefully at the pump body - it has a tiny 2mm roll pin pressed in near the control screw. Support the pump body, and drive this out with a suitable pin vice punch. I used a 3/32nd. Be careful.... if you break the pump body it lists for $55...

attachment.php

Pull out the control screw (it will be stiff as it has two o-rings locking it in place). Remove the o-rings - you need them on the new control screw. Push out the piston. It has two washers and a spring - assemble in the same order on the new piston.

Clean the inside of the pump, lube the piston, assemble with washers and spring, slide back into the body. Put the old O-rings on the control bolt, slide it in. Hold everything together and insert the roll pin, and drive home. That's it for the pump.

So, what's the difference between the HO and standard parts? I know there are a bunch of AS guys revin' up their dremels rather then wanting to spend $39.. The mechanism for increasing the pump flow is to move the piston back and forth more, not to take a bigger bite of oil as in the case of the smaller pumps like the 026 etc.

The new control screws has a smaller excentric end..

attachment.php

The piston has a wider excentric shoulder.

attachment.php

Both of these would be tough to modify while maintaining the required surface finish for continuous contact operation...

On to part 3: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=31562

Latest posts

Back